• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not a football thread but y’all be safe

8 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

I survived Hugo.  This ain’t even close.

It was never going to be anything like Hugo. That storm made landfall way nearer so the wind inland was far more intense. This is a mountain flooding event from the rainfall from the remnants of large hurricanes. Hugo hit Charlotte still a legit hurricane.

It's definitely the highest Wilson Creek has been in the past year but far from a historic event here locally.

Screenshot_20240927-090639.thumb.png.a465eac8d180bf84c330da6ef64cfc81.png

At an even more local level, we bought our house about three and a half years ago. I'm honestly not certain this would qualify as a top 5 flooding event during that timeframe in my 12 acre microcosm based on the flow of our small creek. You know it's a good one when the creek is flowing into the pond so hard it gets the whole 1/2 acre pond swirling like a whirlpool. That's happened twice. We're not even close to that right now. The visual flow of the creek is only reaching about halfway across the pond currently.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Well, I don't know what the fug that was but it sounded like distant rumbling thunder for a solid minute and felt like a small earthquake. We may have just had a tornado nearby.

Power has been out for about three hours now.

Did you get a piece of the meteor a few weeks ago? 

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Well, I don't know what the fug that was but it sounded like distant rumbling thunder for a solid minute and felt like a small earthquake. We may have just had a tornado nearby.

Power has been out for about three hours now.

Rockslide?