• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not a football thread but y’all be safe

I'm in the mountains near Asheville NC and we are supposed to get heavy rain on top of the rain we've gotten in the last 24 hours. The storm hasn't even started here yet and there is already flooding everywhere. 

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 2

When I took some geology classes at App State we were shown large landslide features and it was hypothesized to be from tropical systems coming from the gulf. 

Word is that this has the potential to be the worst flooding event in recorded history in the area. 

It has potential to cause serious flooding and mud slides. I really hope this is an overreaction.

• Pie 2

42 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm in the mountains near Asheville NC and we are supposed to get heavy rain on top of the rain we've gotten in the last 24 hours. The storm hasn't even started here yet and there is already flooding everywhere. 

Im just north of Asheville and the creek in our front yard looks like the Amazon. Hope we don’t lose power tonight. If we get any high winds it will get ugly.

• Beer 1