• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurricane Helene thread - Not a football thread but y’all be safe *keep politics, conspiracy theories, and and tinderbox squabbles out of this*

Panthers Fan 69

16 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

I’m in GSO. gonna load up on stuff like socks and blankets etc and bring it back tomorrow. Gonna be in the thirties next week. 

if anyone knows any aid groups that need specific things, especially medical, please dm me and let me know. 

One of the specific things they were mentioning was Benadryl and epi pens. It makes sense. The yellow jackets were PISSED. I thought it was just around my house at first but then everywhere I went there were pissed off yellow jackets everywhere. They've settled down around my house so not sure it's still a big need or not but it was.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Anyone low enough to take a shot like this in this situation at someone trying to do all he can to help his local people just isn't needed here anymore.

@rayzor You gonna let this dude ban people because they have a different view on politics?

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The yellow jackets were PISSED.

I've been keeping honeybees for about 30 years- after Floyd dropped about 30 inches on us in 99, several of my hives were attacked and robbed out by yellow jackets.  Even the nasties have to eat and they'd been run out of their holes/nests and food stores.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

One of the specific things they were mentioning was Benadryl and epi pens. It makes sense. The yellow jackets were PISSED. I thought it was just around my house at first but then everywhere I went there were pissed off yellow jackets everywhere. They've settled down around my house so not sure it's still a big need or not but it was.

Copy

During the event, Dolly announced she was personally donating $1 million to the Mountain Ways Foundation to assist flood victims. Additionally, her businesses like Dollywood Parks & Resorts, Dolly Parton’s Stampede and Pirates Voyage Dinner & Show also matched her donation and gave another $1 million.

“I look around think, these are my mountains, these are my valleys, these are my rivers flowing like a stream. These are my people,” Parton said. “These mountains-colored rainbows, these are my people and this is my home.”

Source

• Pie 1

31 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

I've been keeping honeybees for about 30 years- after Floyd dropped about 30 inches on us in 99, several of my hives were attacked and robbed out by yellow jackets.  Even the nasties have to eat and they'd been run out of their holes/nests and food stores.

I believe it. They've been mad as hell.

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What are they needing? I could go tomorrow 

The Guard is there hauling tons on tons of dirt.  There is the church off to the left that is digging out of a landslide. Outside of that, not sure what can be done. These boulders I saw weigh way more than us combined. 

• Pie 1