• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurricane Helene thread - Not a football thread but y’all be safe *keep politics, conspiracy theories, and and tinderbox squabbles out of this*

Panthers Fan 69

Just now, strato said:

You can't easily forget that type of thing.

I have seen some bad stuff, but I think dealing with deceased who have not been found in a week could be pretty horrible. Wouldn't want to have to do that.

They've found a lot of bodies that were captured by our drone images.  Many of them cannot be reached just yet. It could be days. It's really disturbing images and my folks have been visibly affected by it. I can see it in there eyes and their expressions. Not only are they leaving family home without power and water themselves and working 16 hours days they are constantly rocked by what they find everywhere they've been.

• Pie 3

47 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm receiving emails all morning directing us to ares I'm Wataga County ASAP. We we warned it will be hard for my folks to witness. I'm guessing they've found more bodies there. My team is going to need stress counseling when thos is over. 

Any idea what part? Im still trying to contact a decent amount of people that I haven't heard from. I have a bunch of people that I care about on the back side of Beech MTN up above trash can falls that nobody can get to yet that I'm aware of. In the flood in 2004 I couldn't get within 5 miles of their house and my buddy rode a 4-wheeler through the woods to get to me.

Edited by Floppin

Just now, Floppin said:

Any idea what part. Im still trying to contact a decent amount of people that I haven't heard from. I have a bunch of people that I care about on the back side of Beech MTN up above trash can falls that nobody can get to yet that I'm aware of. In the flood in 2004 I couldn't get within 5 miles of their house and my buddy rode a 4-wheeler through the woods to get to me.

Old or new Beech?

Just now, OHYO said:

Old or new Beech?

Old Beech. Like Jack Tales Beech. Up above elk River and whatnot. You can access the area from either 321 going towards Tennessee at trash can falls, coming down from the town of Beech MTN or off a road at the Red Barn off 194 outside of banner elk. There's hundreds of houses down in there and I haven't heard from anyone

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

My SIL did 2 tours there followed by 10 years for PTSD. Those responding are probably going to need help too during this. One of the reasons I wouldn't go to NYC after 9/11 was I knew I couldn't handle it mentally. For those of you on the ground there, be safe and much love to my NC family during all of this. 

Oh absolutely. I can’t imagine what EMS has been seeing. I’ve been reaching out to all my friends. 

just finally getting IG access and seeing the pictures is sending me. 

7 minutes ago, Floppin said:

Old Beech. Like Jack Tales Beech. Up above elk River and whatnot. You can access the area from either 321 going towards Tennessee at trash can falls, coming down from the town of Beech MTN or off a road at the Red Barn off 194 outside of banner elk. There's hundreds of houses down in there and I haven't heard from anyone

I couldn’t make it up 321 Tuesday. We went towards Mtn City and surveyed damage. It’s as bad as anywhere in spots, not as wide spread as N Toe —> S Toe—>Noliachucky. Poga is a high road that I’ve heard nothing about, mudslides may have gotten it don’t know, I will investigate though

Edited by OHYO

6 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

spacer.png

Really man? 

Dead bodies hanging in trees, people's family & friends missing, folks starving, kids running around looking for their parents, towns deleted off the map, morgues overwhelmed, and you have to inject your politics into the discussion because you're so deranged from a President 4 years ago, that you can't help yourself?

I'm not even a fan of the guy, but damn with the politics.

• Pie 2

30 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I've heard Swannanoa is bad. Burnsville is probably going to be the worst effected town but the isolated communities up 19 and 80 are probably going to be the worst.

Something I will never understand why do people want to live in isolated places in the mountains of all places. I get some people love nature, but you're basically cut off from the real world.

I would be paranoid with nothing around me. 

20 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

They've found a lot of bodies that were captured by our drone images.  Many of them cannot be reached just yet. It could be days. It's really disturbing images and my folks have been visibly affected by it. I can see it in there eyes and their expressions. Not only are they leaving family home without power and water themselves and working 16 hours days they are constantly rocked by what they find everywhere they've been.

My God.  No words. No words