• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurricane Helene thread - Not a football thread but y’all be safe *keep politics, conspiracy theories, and and tinderbox squabbles out of this*

Panthers Fan 69

3 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Did some more volunteering loading helicopters this morning at the Hickory airport. Hardly any helicopters running through this morning and it was pretty slow so we headed back to Raleigh.

The helicopter traffic really picked up over the mid-afternoon but overall, it's down big time over the past 2-3 days. The private volunteer pilots and helicopters can only keep up their efforts for so long before they have to attend to their own lives and businesses. The amount of government helicopters involved has been really disappointing IMO.

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Just submitted my FEMA aid application. I anticipate that to be promptly denied. LOL

What will you be doing with whole $750 they so graciously are giving you? Btw, I wonder if you will have to pay taxes on that money at the end of the year. 

15 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

Just saw this on the Asheville reddit

cenhreqm57td1.thumb.jpeg.9d53c72ce568c8fee0125d730d7f86d4.jpeg

Might have nothing to do with the storm.  I routinely get at least half a dozen of those sorts of texts and/ or pre recorded calls a week, sometimes 3 or 4 a day.  Been blocking and reporting as spam for months but it seems to do no good.

7 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

Might have nothing to do with the storm.  I routinely get at least half a dozen of those sorts of texts and/ or pre recorded calls a week, sometimes 3 or 4 a day.  Been blocking and reporting as spam for months but it seems to do no good.

Maybe, maybe not.

4 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

What will you be doing with whole $750 they so graciously are giving you? Btw, I wonder if you will have to pay taxes on that money at the end of the year. 

The $750 is an immediate approval for just immediate food and supplies or whatever. It's not your FEMA disbursement.