• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurricane Helene thread - Not a football thread but y’all be safe *keep politics, conspiracy theories, and and tinderbox squabbles out of this*

Panthers Fan 69

Thanks for the call this morning @Floppin. I was kinda relieved to hear they were taking the day off. I'm ready to shift gears and just focus on my own stuff for right now and focus my donation efforts toward when all the influx of outside volunteers wanes. The FB Karen's are not helping. URGENT NEED!!! here, urgent need there. Everywhere I've been there's been an overabundance of volunteers to the point that managing the volunteers effort is becoming the biggest job on the ground. Pay attention to the posts. They're all second hand. Someone I know there told me this or the police chief said this or I heard this. It's just a giant game of telephone that starts maybe with a kernel of truth and snowballs into a giant ball of bullshit ending in. A cluster fug of people rushing in to help.

It's amazing and beautiful seeing all these people willing to help but it's become counterproductive at this point.