• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Sports Vendor Conglomerate Robbing You And Their Workers. Pertains to the Panthers since Aramark controls concessions in BOA

jayboogieman

1 hour ago, TD alt said:

In Athens, Georgia, there was a club called O'Malley's back in the 80s. They used to have Nickel Night for house draft and liquor. You talking about a bunch of drunk college-aged students. The police used to just wait down the road and see what fools were going to catch a DUI.

Lawrence, where University of Kansas is, has a BYOB strip club called The Outhouse. It can be quite the adventure.

1 minute ago, PanthersATL said:

The one thing Arthur Blank did with the Falcons that we can all get behind is his insistence on cheap/inexpensive food/bev at Mercedes Benz stadium

• Chili cheese dog - $5
  • Regular hot dog - $2
  • Soda - $2 (souvenir - $4)
  • large premium draft beer - $10.50
  • small domestic draft beer - $5

https://www.mercedesbenzstadium.com/menus/atl-fan-fare

These prices are considered inexpensive.  Good lord.  I haven't been to an NFL game in years.

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

These prices are considered inexpensive.  Good lord.  I haven't been to an NFL game in years.

My wife and I spent a mint going down to Miami to watch FSU get stomped my Georgia last year in the bowl game.  They had shitty beer that was 19 bucks a pop.  We left before the first half ended and went back to the bar in Hollywood.  Much cheaper and more fun, screw stadium prices.

Edit:  Twin Peaks is a fun little spot to hang at if you’re ever in that area

Edited by HPPantherzfan

9 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

If a family of four wants popcorn, a drink, and nachos, it shouldn't cost an extra $200

There are better quality, higher priced food options at MB but at least there's something cheap for those who want it

Some sports venues get it. The Masters is known for super cheap food/drink (but high merch prices, where they make their money)

On the other hand, The USTA announced that it sold 556,782 Honey Deuce signature cocktails during the 2024 U.S. Open. At $23 each (with a take hone cup), USTA made more than $12.8 million on the drinks alone, a 26% increase over 2023.

more than one Honey Deuce was sold for every two people who attended the Open

They reported operating revenues of $581 million last year, $514 million of which were generated from the U.S. Open, meaning Honey Deuce sales should account for roughly 2% of revenue in 2024.