• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers-Bengals week 4 thread

Jackie Lee

This is one of those games we could win if we control the time of possession, which sucks because Lewis will miss this one. If we let Chuba eat and let the offensive line control the tempo of the game, we could sneak out of this one with a W. Having Lewis out changes that immensely.

I have no faith in our defense (mainly the pass rush) against their offense. Joe Burrow is going to have all day to throw and he will light us up. Horn vs Chase and Mike Jack vs Higgins is going to be a doozy of a matchup.

Edited by Castavar
  • Pie 1

Zavala does not inspire confidence from me at all. Maybe he actually did get better but it was garbage time when he was in for Lewis. So we'll see. The OL was actually picking up stunts, and he was usually standing and watching it happen for all of last year. Like, d'oh was that my guy? Sorry. 

Is that going to be fixed? 

Edited by strato

10 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

So our $150M guards are already banged up huh

bad luck, but it looks like neither will be out long term.  DTD for both.  Let's hope BC and Zavala can be serviceable in the mean time and keep our old QB up right...

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

bad luck, but it looks like neither will be out long term.  DTD for both.  Let's hope BC and Zavala can be serviceable in the mean time and keep our old QB up right...

It's football most offensive linemen don't take long to get nicked up.... 

5 hours ago, strato said:

Zavala does not inspire confidence from me at all. Maybe he actually did get better but it was garbage time when he was in for Lewis. So we'll see. The OL was actually picking up stunts, and he was usually standing and watching it happen for all of last year. Like, d'oh was that my guy? Sorry. 

Is that going to be fixed? 

FWIW, Zavala played 22 snaps on Sunday and didn't give up a single pressure.

Honestly, I didn't even realize he had replaced Lewis until near the end of the game.

Hopefully, we don't hear his name on Sunday- that would probably be a good thing.

And maybe this scheme is just a better fit (plus he's not a rookie) compared to whatever it was that we were supposedly running last year.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

Also, Sheldon Rankins is out, and BJ Hill is doubtful.  Those are the Bengals starting DT's.

Yeah, I think their DL hurting is more harmful to them than ours to us. Our run game is going to pummel them.

• Pie 2

31 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Yeah, I think their DL hurting is more harmful to them than ours to us. Our run game is going to pummel them.

I think running the ball and keeping Burrow off the field is key.

If we do that I think we have a good chance to win

Otherwise, Burrow will expose our lack of pass rush with his weapons

• Pie 1