• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Morgan in a single offseason

Frank9999

38 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, people don't realize how bad our cap situation is. We can't be this low on the talent scale and also in cap hell. 

The absolutely incredible thing is you would think a big reason for our cap issues is dead money from some of the big names we've traded away recently. While that is partially true this season, it is not even remotely a factor next year, where if Dalton plays well the rest of this year and we want to keep him we barely have enough money to sign him and our draft class lol.

• Beer 2

I have broken one of my top rules regrading morgan, you have to forgive me..... the last 6 years finally caught up to my wits end this year. Im just tired and very very very fatigued with constant awful football. 

I learned a while back to never judge rookie class the first year(*unless all-pro or cut). My main reason for breaking that rule was this roster is the weakest in the NFL(I still feel that). Morgan did not land a starting player with early draft picks in each round. Yes XL and sanders have played meaningful snaps, just wanted MORE of the difference making ones and not "well hes all we got, hope its average play level".

The off-season he cut boz, bell, and hurst without ANY cap relief. Panthers are paying bell to play for this week's opponent. IMO he should have benched them all, boz as a backup C is great. Same for the other two. If they hated it, well lets re-do this contract and part ways. Then spending 163 million on OGs, just didnt like that usage of cap space......but my gods does Hunt want to win my top fandom with tossing fools out da club....

Beside spending the 4th on Sanders, trade for Johnson, and trade for future 2nd during draft.....I hated all other moves. Ive hated 98% of the moves since 2018. I did love fitterererererers value draft trades, god dam shame he picked nearly all bums after stealing the value.  

He deserves and needs another full offseason to at least get the train back on the tracks, but man-o-man Im tired of waiting while the team has fumbled the past 6 years......NOW hes must deal with BY, honestly add another 2 FULL seasons to wash away that sink. I do see hes putting in LOADS of work and trying his best, wish I had a better frame of mind. 

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 2

12 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

Agree. I do think that Johnson is a proven WR though. 

I would not say he is a proven #1. That is what he is hoping to prove here.

5 minutes ago, t96 said:

The absolutely incredible thing is you would think a big reason for our cap issues is dead money from some of the big names we've traded away recently. While that is partially true this season, it is not even remotely a factor next year, where if Dalton plays well the rest of this year and we want to keep him we barely have enough money to sign him and our draft class lol.

Dude, to be this cap strapped and also talent deficient is nuts.

• Beer 1

1 week ago with an 0-2 record, everyone was saying Dan is responsible for this mess. We win one game and all of a sudden Dan is the real deal. I appreciate the optimism, but we still don't have our franchise QB on the roster and that is the biggest question that Dan still has to answer. Overall, I think we have improved our talent. But I guess winning really does cure everything. 

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

1 week ago with an 0-2 record, everyone was saying Dan is responsible for this mess. We win one game and all of a sudden Dan is the real deal. I appreciate the optimism, but we still don't have our franchise QB on the roster and that is the biggest question that Dan still has to answer. Overall, I think we have improved our talent. But I guess winning really does cure everything. 

They are still the weakest roster, just one day in which team rode daltons magic carpet. 

For that win, many of the elements morgan bought here were the reasons. Jackson, johnson, OL, clowny, jewells, etc.

Most of us are adults here, we can talk about good and bad and not worry about picking and defending wrong on one side. 

I dont know if its been said- nearly the whole DL is a bunch of UDFAS/street/ no names and they are playing well enought to win 2 out the 3 games. I think 4 of them were try-out guys. Its robinson whos playing like a 34 year dbrown and bunch of "whos that".

Its about the only group that the scouts should be proud of(big props to coaches as well). 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, strato said:

I remember reading that Quinn promised to turn him loose basically. 

What I heard was quinn was going to make luvu his parsons, i fully understand why he leftd. 

I know jewells played awful in the first 2(HE SHOULD HAVE PLAYED IN PS!!), but he looked great in that 3rd. I thought "fit" wise it was better for both teams. Still Luvu >> jewells*** Jewells on carolina > luvu carolina form a coachs point. But luvu on wash >> jewells on wash...if thats makes sense....

I always thought evero should have played him at OLB and just let him "see ball, get ball". But when shaq went down on IR, it made luvu play the true MLB, just a bad fit....he needs to be on the edge and the A gaps causing havoc. Im sure he already has for wash, i havnt seen him. 

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, Navy_football said:

I'll never understand the idea that defense was sacrificed to save Bryce Young. Did we not watch this oline last season, particularly the guards and center? They were beyond bad. The receiving corps was easily the worst in the league. Easily. The changes on offense were made to make the TEAM competitive with or without Bryce Young. And the only real loss on defense was Luvu, who they at least tried to replace with Josey and Wallace. Burns was/is not worth $30+million a year. Honestly, don't even think he's a $20 million guy. A'Shawn and Clowney were major signings. Donte Jackson isn't missed right now. And I know we aren't complaining about YGM leaving, when he got blown up while trying to set the edge against a WR. Plus they brought in multiple depth type players to replace him. Morgan went to work this offseason. Big time. Was it all good? Don't know yet. But he definitely shook up the roster of a 2-15 team. As I would expect. Draft wise, I thought they could have done some things differently. But no one they passed on is looking like a generational talent on another team yet, so we'll have to see. 

Still. The reason I say that, not speaking for others, is pretty clear. The picks for Burns went where? The money we didn’t pay him, went where? 
The draft picks, even trading up to the first, went where?
They have been shorting the defense to benefit the offense. 
Clearly it has been all about giving Bryce the help he needed. 

I looked a while back and the out of the last I think 12 picks 3rd round and up 9 were offense, and the highest pick spent on a defensive player was the 3rd on Wallace I think   Without going back to review  

And we are ending up playing our backup QB.  Lol. 
But what is that if not totally top heavy on offense? We can’t keep that up  

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1

58 minutes ago, Basbear said:

He deserves and needs another full offseason to at least get the train back on the tracks, but man-o-man Im tired of waiting while the team has fumbled the past 6 years......NOW hes must deal with BY, honestly add another 2 FULL seasons to wash away that sink. I do see hes putting in LOADS of work and trying his best, wish I had a better frame of mind. 

IMG_1693.jpeg

• Beer 1