• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Morgan in a single offseason

Frank9999

Just now, Frank9999 said:

Yea its a little premature, but I think the oline looks clearly MUCH better. Need to see more of a lot of the rest 

Yeah, outside the offensive line I am not sure any of these are tracking the way you are describing them. Way more questions than answers in that list.

This is a post season thread with 17 games of ammo behind it.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, outside the offensive line I am not sure any of these are tracking the way you are describing them. Way more questions than answers in that list.

This is a post season thread with 17 games of ammo behind it.

I think Diontae can be a 1b guy the hope is XL can be that 1a. diontae is underrated imo

• Pie 1

Too soon. The oline looks a lot better but the D is missing a lot of what it took to sign those 2 guys. The center is still healthy and that's not a guarantee to stay that way. Everything can be looked at like that right now. They kept Sanders and Thomas when they had the June 1st option for both come to mind. 

Also the handling of Young will define both the GM and HC going forward. They did right to get him sat but there is a minefield ahead still. I can say I am a lot more positive than I was coming into the year for either one but there is still a lot to prove. 

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I agree (and so what if it's too soon?). I think they are building a team. Not a team around Bryce. They're going for a team of dawgs and i think you can see that. 

I'm not sure, but i don't think that BY fits in that category so i'd be surprised if he sticks around.

so that probably means they will be looking for a QB that has that in him. wouldn't necessarily have to be a draft pick, either. the door is wide open i think.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

This is calling a lot of shots before many pitches have been thrown.

yep lol.  

We are spending I think more money than anyone on the OL right now.  We should look decent there.  Still got question marks at LT though. 

Dionte sure looks to be here to prove he isn't what the Steelers suggested and thus get a deal elsewhere.  That's generally what we have viewed it as.  A one year pit stop. 

RB has never played a snap.  Who knows about him. 

XL still an unknown (he is my guy though)

we are in a pretty weak cap position given how meh the roster presently sits. 

and it's a QB league.  We got nothing in the works at this point big picture. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Frank9999 said:

I think Diontae can be a 1b guy the hope is XL can be that 1a. diontae is underrated imo

Diontae isn't really a top tier one. Good player, no doubt but there aren't many teams he would be a #1. 

XL....well.....I have a pretty low ceiling for him personally so I just hope he can clear those bars. He's a pretty big project for an older player. I hope we have a coaching staff that can develop him.

1 minute ago, CRA said:

yep lol.  

We are spending I think more money than anyone on the OL right now.  We should look decent there.  Still got question marks at LT though. 

Dionte sure looks to be here to prove he isn't what the Steelers suggested and thus get a deal elsewhere.  That's generally what we have viewed it as.  A one year pit stop. 

RB has never played a snap.  Who knows about him. 

XL still an unknown (he is my guy though)

we are in a pretty weak cap position given how meh the roster presently sits. 

and it's a QB league.  We got nothing in the works at this point big picture. 

Yeah, I think the odds of locking up Diontae beyond this season are slim to none. No matter, it gives our guys like Mingo and XL a measuring stick to compare against.

• Beer 1

21 minutes ago, Frank9999 said:

-Fixed the offensive line

-got a borderline number 1 WR for Donte Jackson

- then replaced Donte with arguably a better CB or at the least equal for a 6th round draft pick

- drafted XL who looks likes hes gonna be a stud

- drafted a stud LB ( trevin wallace) 

- drafted our future at RB

people act like Dan and Canales were building for Bryce, but the reality is they are building for any QB to be successful. this has never been about Bryce, its been about building a winning football franchise again and if Bryce was gonna work then cool but if not then they find someone who will. Andy is that dude now.

have to give Dan Morgan and Canales their props I think they are off to a great start 

Hey Dan 

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

I'll give you the first 3, the last 3 are big reaches at this point even tho i hope you are right. I like what he's done, getting the OL fixed in 1 offseason is huge. Don't forget to also add fleecing the Rams out of a 2nd round pick. 

Oline is good.

Dionte is good.

XL passes the eye test.  Needs more time.

Tevin and Brooks are unknowns but if the other moves are any indication, they could work out too.

The main thing is, Dan and Dave have restored a little hope to the franchise and fan base.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1