• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Okay. What, Realistically, Are Our Chances of Beating the Bengals on Sunday??

Hoenheim

Will we beat them?   

60 members have voted

1. 1. We win or lose?

• Win
    • Lose

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, I care more about how the team performs and if the game plans look sound. It's acknowledged that we dramatically lack talent(I know people get upset to hear this) but it is actually very true. We are a team lacking in overall talent. That will manifest itself several times this season, most likely.

The sky will not fall if that is the case. It just is what it is.

Some people also need to use this year to step up and become the talent we need so it could grow...theoretically.

We deffinatly need to figure where the talent is and isn't this year. That is way more important than wins or losses IMO.

• Beer 1

I think we will lose, but I hope I’m wrong. This is about the time when the Bengals kick it into gear and take off. If we are competitive, I’ll be satisfied and believe we will have a chance to win a few in the upcoming stretch. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Think this game will be a shootout - don't think it's likely we'll be able to stop Burrow, Chase, and Higgins from lighting up the secondary with the still anemic pass rush, but their run game doesn't scare me at all and their defense is just as bad as ours looked week 1 and 2.

If the Panthers are to win this one, it's going to be something like a 31-28 close game. Our best bet is to be able to get an early lead and then play keep away from Burrow by bleeding clock with Hubbard and short Dalton throws moving the chains.

17 minutes ago, staffcurtis said:

If we win, the media won't be talking about how good we are, but how BAD the Bengals are.

I bet if Young was out there and we won the media would gush over it. Dalton will get no such love though.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I bet if Young was out there and we won the media would gush over it. Dalton will get no such love though.

I don't think it is as much about us/Dalton as it is Burrow/Chase/etc. Those are NFL centerpiece star players. They will obviously always get much more coverage.

Look at the shift from our coverage once Bryce wasn't the focal point. He was the only guy on our roster that had anywhere close to national visibility and that is from college/#1 overall draft. It isn't anything he has done in the NFL.

• Beer 1

Dalton is giving me Delhomme vibes right now in terms of who he is at this point in time.  He’s a journeyman QB with the tools that was in a backup role and elevated to starting. He’s a gunslinger playing with house money and knows how to get it done. Not saying he is not flawed but that attitude can carry a team. 

Dont know if we win or lose or if Andy can repeat last week but the team is on the way to having an identity which has been missing for some time. 

• Pie 1

48 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Miles Sanders has to step up in this game. The Panthers need to control TOP with the run game. Chuba is gonna be tired, so Miles will need to be a factor. Can't hide this week. Let's go!

Pile him up with carries because Brooks will probably be making his debut next week.

32 minutes ago, staffcurtis said:

If we win, the media won't be talking about how good we are, but how BAD the Bengals are.

Who cares? I don't the 15-1 season all they did was talk about weak schedule and how the Cardinals were better.

Heck at this point I'm happy with the games being watchable and exciting.   

If we keep winning and can sneak into the playoffs I'd be jumping for joy.