• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Okay. What, Realistically, Are Our Chances of Beating the Bengals on Sunday??

Hoenheim

Will we beat them?   

48 members have voted

1. 1. We win or lose?

• Win
    • Lose

I don't know a ton about the Bengals outside of their star players so maybe some of you can let me know. 

What I do know is they are 0-3. They're going to be very desperate for a win, I think thats either going to be a huge bonus to them or a huge negative if we strike fast and early like vs Las Vegas.

People are saying their defense is ass. Sure. But are you really expecting Andy Dalton to explode yet again and outduel Joe Burrow? 

Is Jaycee Horn good enough to lock up Jamarr Chase? Is Mike Jackson good enough to at least slow down Tee Higgins?? 

Even in our win last Sunday, our lack of a pass rush was still evident. Giving Joe Burrow lots of time is not good. Albeit, I think their RT went down on Monday night.

Personally I think this game could go either way. But expecting us to go 30+ and Andy to do 300+ and 3TDs again is expecting a LOT. 

Edited by Hoenheim
  • Beer 1

With Dalton under center we have a chance to win every game.  We're back to the fundamentals deciding football games.

Don't turn the ball over.

Run the ball and stop the run.

And quoting Cannales....Throw it over their head and stop them from doing it.

If Washington can beat them we can beat them.

Edited by Newtcase
  • Pie 5

Bengals haven't won a game.

Our chances are good if we play our game. I don't care about the Bengals SB run years ago. They are not the same team. I don't care if you think Burrow is the best QB in football he's not Andy MF'n Dalton. I don't care if you think we are the underdogs. I don't care if you don't believe. I don't care if you are depressed and sad. 

The new era started last week. Panthers win 28-17.

Dalton Up Son!

• Pie 3

I think this could be a very good game. The more I think about it, I just don't see our secondary being able to contain their WR's because Burrow is a dramatically superior QB to the Minshew in Bryce Young clothing version that we saw Sunday.

I think our inability to consistently create pressure on Burrow will lead to issues defensively that we just aren't able to overcome.

There are Asians in the Bengals armor, however. They do not run the ball well and they do not defend the run well. If we can control that aspect of the game, we might be able to force them to be fairly one dimensional.

I am actually looking forward to this matchup.

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

They are desperate and I wouldn't bet against that. Should be a good game. I still don't care about wins if the team is competitive and things are improving.

Yeah, I care more about how the team performs and if the game plans look sound. It's acknowledged that we dramatically lack talent(I know people get upset to hear this) but it is actually very true. We are a team lacking in overall talent. That will manifest itself several times this season, most likely.

The sky will not fall if that is the case. It just is what it is.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think this could be a very good game. The more I think about it, I just don't see our secondary being able to contain their WR's because Burrow is a dramatically superior QB to the Minshew in Bryce Young clothing version that we saw Sunday.

I think our inability to consistently create pressure on Burrow will lead to issues defensively that we just aren't able to overcome.

There are Asians in the Bengals armor, however. They do not run the ball well and they do not defend the run well. If we can control that aspect of the game, we might be able to force them to be fairly one dimensional.

I am actually looking forward to this matchup.

Yep. The Panthers can not get into a shoot out with the Bengals. Evero called a great game against the Raiders, but not sure he has the players to slow down the Bengals. This is a classic, Jimmy and Joes vs Xs and Os. 

• Beer 1