• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Ward.....opinions

Jmac

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

someone should probably tell him that then

https://247sports.com/article/travis-hunter-wants-to-prove-the-haters-wrong-aims-to-play-wr-and-cb-in-the-nfl-236553699/

"I mean there's a lot of people been telling me [playing both ways is not possible] that since I've been playing it," Hunter told Fenton. "I'm just gonna continue to prove them wrong…It's a lot of haters, even the top dogs hating on me."

You think a kid is gonna have power to play both positions at the NFL level?

He's only getting away with this because of Prime. That's not gonna happen with NFL HCs.

This is a non story 

54 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

So we can’t use his father but you are using him to side step his negatives? His dad unfortunately is part of his evaluation. 

His negatives don't bother me. Im a Prime fan. I'm just speaking for people like you who this flashy/cocky stuff may offend some people. I personally love that stuff. This is football make it entertaining!

42 minutes ago, CRA said:

yeah, he isn't playing some diva position though back in the day.  He is a QB.  The whole, just doing what his daddy did thing is sort of the red flag there.  

So the Colorado St QB can't talk about beating an upcoming opponent.....but Sanders can.  That seems like a double standard.  Sanders had plenty to say about what he was going to do to Nebraska.  Colorado QB manned up after the game to do the right thing.  

Do you know how many HCs and players in football history who have skipped a handshake after the game?

This wasn't the first and won't be the last.

My question is why is the worst HC in college football still winning games?

8 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Thats what he really meant to say. Lol

Sure Jan GIF

i just think that he's a bit overhyped because of daddy. 

he'll get drafted too early because someone will bite on the hype and find themselves with the next teb0w or bryce young. 

actually seems like a cowboy/jerry jones thing to do. if they hadn't overpaid prescott they would have pushed for baby sanders.

• Beer 1

Back in January, Brugler said folks had a 5th round grade on him but could go a round or two higher due to upside

I'm all for throwing a day 3 pick at one of the QBs in this class, especially Ward if he's somehow still there.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Sure Jan GIF

i just think that he's a bit overhyped because of daddy. 

he'll get drafted too early because someone will bite on the hype and find themselves with the next teb0w or bryce young. 

actually seems like a cowboy/jerry jones thing to do. if they hadn't overpaid prescott they would have pushed for baby sanders.

Damn you a hater as well?

All the mods hate Colorado lmao

13 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

His negatives don't bother me. Im a Prime fan. I'm just speaking for people like you who this flashy/cocky stuff may offend some people. I personally love that stuff. This is football make it entertaining!

That’s not what bothers me. Throwing your teammates under the bus in front of the press was the biggest red flag to me. Be a leader and own it if you want to be the QB. Cam was flashy and cocky avid he is my favorite player. 

3 minutes ago, Icege said:

Back in January, Brugler said folks had a 5th round grade on him but could go a round or two higher due to upside

I'm all for throwing a day 3 pick at one of the QBs in this class, especially Ward if he's somehow still there.

If Ward keeps playing like he is, he won’t make it out of the first IMO. 

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

If Ward keeps playing like he is, he won’t make it out of the first IMO. 

He looks good for sure but his schedule is pretty piss poor.  Kindof hard to evaluate.  Ewers on the other hand just is lights out vs the top defenses but he cannot stop getting hurt.

I think the Panthers should transition from their current mindset of chasing the next qb at all cost.  I think what Andy has showed us is that we don't need to force it.  We can be a good team with a competent qb.  We got a lot of good years out of Delhomme, and I think we should adopt a similar approach.  There was such a vacuum left within the organization after Cam left that the natural inclination was to try and find a dynamic successor at QB.  The reality is, we will never replace what Cam did, and we likely won't ever find someone that can replicate Mahomes or Tom Brady either, so lets develop our system, find some smart football players that have the physical metrics and lets win some games.  

Honestly we might be a franchise that just operates better with a vet rather then a young guy.  The prime years for a QB isn't until their early 30s anyway, so why draft a 21 years old when we can get a talented edge rusher and have a stable vet at qb.

Remember, the best team in Panthers history, had a back up free agent.  Some might say 2015 Panthers were the best team, but they be mistaken.  2003 Panthers were the rightful Superbowl Champs, and should have won despite Spygate.

3 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Sanders is the best QB in this draft. All these other QBs have elite Oline play. Put Sanders behind those Oline and he's leading the nation in passing.

Saying that I doubt we go QB. Especially if we end up winning more games than expected. My dream has always been drafting Travis Hunter. If we can't get him Tmac the WR from Arizona would also be nice.

says who? ain't he short too?