• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Ward.....opinions (AKA A Thread About Shedeur Sanders)

Jmac

9 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Looking at their schedule, when does he get challenged?

We have 8 ACC games to play - so in all of those. We're everbody's Super Bowl and typically we've dropped a couple of those games every year we've had no right to. 

USF pushed Alabama close in Tuskaloosa, they're no slouches. 

9 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Hunter is a gamble. He gets all this hype for playing two ways but I don't like the long term of a guy putting double the mileage on his body. That's a major concern. We already have one Horn.

It definitely speaks to Hunter’s talent but if the two way player angle hypes folks they must remember that they are likely only getting half the player.  I doubt the team that drafts him is gonna engage in that. 

On the topic of Cam Ward.  I think he shows a lot of tools, but we haven't really seen him play anybody.  He's the type of QB prospect that I think should sit after he gets drafted and watch a veteran like Dalton play.  Very few guys are ready to come in and play immediately like a CJ Stroud or Jayden Daniels.  I think Ward has a lot more potential than Bryce, but I think that's true for just about any other QB prospect available.

• Beer 2

Miami fan here, Cam is the real deal. Landing him next year would be a pipe dream. He's definitely top 5 talent, pro will win Heisman too.

He's got that silent but strong leadership quality like Stroud. His teammates respect and listen to him, he leads with his play on the field, looks calm, looks more skilled than everyone, can make every through, he can run. He talks some shitt after a TD, he'll get in your D's head. Everything you wanna see out there really.

Not only all of that, but imagine having another Cam wearing #1 in Carolina. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

On the topic of Cam Ward.  I think he shows a lot of tools, but we haven't really seen him play anybody.  He's the type of QB prospect that I think should sit after he gets drafted and watch a veteran like Dalton play.  Very few guys are ready to come in and play immediately like a CJ Stroud or Jayden Daniels.  I think Ward has a lot more potential than Bryce, but I think that's true for just about any other QB prospect available.

What I like is he's a 4 year starter, even his 2020 rookie year he started 6 games. Every year he's moved to a bigger stage, this year they haven't had much equal competition, but he put up very solid numbers at Washington State where they were probably often on the other end of that spectrum talent wise. I think he'd beat out Bryce no problem in camp, I'd sit him for a while behind Dalton, maybe bring him in on certain packages to get his feet wet, he's not a run first guy but he's got a decent amount of rushing td's to show he can do it when called upon. 

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Do you even watch college football bro?

Like seriously this is a top 5 QB prospect in the country and you talking about him having to compete for a position. You sound crazy right now.

Just admit you don't like the Sanders family and keep it moving. No wonder Colorado is still a big deal in college football. The haters keep them relevant. 

You can say I watch a little college football, yes.

With that, I appreciate you have “passion” for this kid and we can agree to disagree but I’m going to leave this here:

Sakure Sanders was not a highly sought after player coming out of High School, the only college that offered him a scholarship was Jackson State, why?  His daddy promptly took the head coaching job there and schemed to pat his stats and even with that was not headhunted by any power 5 school, why is that?  Knowing this, and to get his son more exposure Deon took the job at Colorado and immediately named his son, now a transfer, as the starter.  Now, Deon cleaned house when he got there because the players were not good enough when he arrived but now they have 4 and 5 star talent that can’t win,  why is that?  The answers are all pretty simple, you see that right?  Because you watch college football…right?

28 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

your qb evaluations have been aces recently  🤣

Yeah Teddy to Ward comp is weird… One is a gunslinger with a strong arm and good enough legs, the other is a conservative game manager… They might be polar opposites. Ward’s weaknesses (TOs and holding the ball) are Teddy’s strengths. 

9 hours ago, OldhamA said:

We have 8 ACC games to play - so in all of those. We're everbody's Super Bowl and typically we've dropped a couple of those games every year we've had no right to. 

USF pushed Alabama close in Tuskaloosa, they're no slouches. 

Do you think he is a top prospect? I feel like you would have the best read on him being a Miami fan.

26 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah Teddy to Ward comp is weird… One is a gunslinger with a strong arm and good enough legs, the other is a conservative game manager… They might be polar opposites. Ward’s weaknesses (TOs and holding the ball) are Teddy’s strengths. 

Does Ward turn the ball over a lot?  Looking at his stats, doesn't seem to have a lot of turnovers.  7 total last year.  

12 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

LMAO 

Bro got a conspiracy theory that Prime is trying to stat pad his son stats while having the worst Oline in college football. You see the hits his son has taken behind that Oline?

Cmon CRA let it go bro. 

it's not a conspiracy that Deion Sanders has constructed an offense that prioritizes his son and what his son's resume/stats will be.  It's just water being wet. 

and Deion Sanders and what the O chooses to do....is what makes that OL the worst in college football.  You keep running with that and it's just not true.  They got talent.  It's bought.   They got more talent than plenty of teams on the OL.  But when you put an OL in 5 and 4 wide situations all game and let a defense pin their ears back all game....with a QB that holds the ball looking for the big play to unfold......they are going to appear really bad.  It's all in the setup. 

North Dakota St was literally giving a free opportunity they never should of seen.....and came up 3 yards short because the Sanders team prioritizes family over the basics a middle school football team should be able to grasp lol.  

Where will Deion Sanders be next season? It won't be Colorado.  He is full of poo.  It's a reality TV show in Colorado.  Little else. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, HPPantherzfan said:

You can say I watch a little college football, yes.

With that, I appreciate you have “passion” for this kid and we can agree to disagree but I’m going to leave this here:

Sakure Sanders was not a highly sought after player coming out of High School, the only college that offered him a scholarship was Jackson State, why?  His daddy promptly took the head coaching job there and schemed to pat his stats and even with that was not headhunted by any power 5 school, why is that?  Knowing this, and to get his son more exposure Deon took the job at Colorado and immediately named his son, now a transfer, as the starter.  Now, Deon cleaned house when he got there because the players were not good enough when he arrived but now they have 4 and 5 star talent that can’t win,  why is that?  The answers are all pretty simple, you see that right?  Because you watch college football…right?

My goodness dude why do you keep talking about his daddy?

He's a top 5 QB prospect. I don't care about his high school ranking that's literally irrelevant.

You and CRA need to stop with this conspiracy theory stuff. Thinking Daddy can stay pad his son stats with a terrible Oline is crazy. He's not even calling the plays LMAO.

Cmon guys just let it go