• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Ward.....opinions

Jmac

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Dalton can still be a starter but at a limited ceiling at his age. Also, that cliff could suddenly get here pretty quickly. That remains to be seen. He is a three time Pro Bowler with 164 starts in his career.

Lock is different. He has never played above a lower tier 2nd string QB level. He is a nightmare to think about starting all season. 

No offense, but that is a terrible idea.

Maybe so, but I like the idea of signing a low cost younger vet to be in the mix.  If it's not Lock, there's other guys I would be okay with.

I don't think Lock is that good, but potentially he has the tools to succeed in the Canales offense.  Just a thought.

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think he might get some part time work at both positions depending on who drafts him. I mean the wear and tear in college of being a two way player. That's literally the equivalent of almost six seasons of snaps(minus the injury time last year). That is a very concerning amount of mileage already on that body.

Is he the best talent in this draft? Very possibly so, I just worry about the longevity having sustained such an insane workload.

yeah, realistically, before anyone gets excited about Hunter.....he has to make it through the season.  The mileage and essentially risk he is put under is so unique.   The snap count he is playing just screams injury.  It's math.  2 seasons worth of reps in 1 year is what he is getting. 

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

3-4 OLB or 3-4 DE or 4-3 guys? Does the Evero stick around another year or does he leave for whatever reason and they bring in someone else? Do the Panthers switch back to the 4-3 if they end up with a new DC? Which defense does Dave prefer? Several questions to be answered before going pass rusher in R1 unless you're just assuming everything remains the same.

None of these decisions need to be  made now. They can't. It's September 

Edited by csx

5 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

3-4 OLB or 3-4 DE or 4-3 guys? Does the Evero stick around another year or does he leave for whatever reason and they bring in someone else? Do the Panthers switch back to the 4-3 if they end up with a new DC? Which defense does Dave prefer? Several questions to be answered before going pass rusher in R1 unless you're just assuming everything remains the same.

Take a guy that plays 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB.  I wouldn't invest in a 3-4 DE.  That's like Derrick Brown.  Not really a pure pass rushing position.

3 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Maybe so, but I like the idea of signing a low cost younger vet to be in the mix.  If it's not Lock, there's other guys I would be okay with.

I don't think Lock is that good, but potentially he has the tools to succeed in the Canales offense.  Just a thought.

In the mix I can buy but starting? No thank you.

Especially someone as bad as Lock.

But, you will see in the free agent QB pool for 2025 that there are not going to be many better starting options than Dalton. It's a very weak pool.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Take a guy that plays 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB.  I wouldn't invest in a 3-4 DE.  That's like Derrick Brown.  Not really a pure pass rushing position.

They need run stoppers too. They're not going to be playing the Raiders every week after all.

47 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I'm not hyping him I simply think he's the best QB in this draft class. I'm just saying he's a kid with a lot of money. He's just doing what his father did. I can't blame the kid because his father raised him to be like him. That's a family issue more than anything. Also that Colorado St QB was doing a podcast of his own trash talking Sanders so he had every right not to shake his hand.

I would take Hunter or Tmac over Sanders. I think we can get QB in the later rounds that Canales can develop.

So we can’t use his father but you are using him to side step his negatives? His dad unfortunately is part of his evaluation. 

Is there no shame? 

I can see how people missed on Leaf/Manning (sort of), or how they could have missed on Stroud. And other legit NFL prospects. 

If you went for Bryce Young and pushed that poo like you are pushing whoever you are pushing now? Please turn in your scout card at the front desk. 

Hate me I don't care.

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I'm not hyping him I simply think he's the best QB in this draft class. I'm just saying he's a kid with a lot of money. He's just doing what his father did. I can't blame the kid because his father raised him to be like him. That's a family issue more than anything. Also that Colorado St QB was doing a podcast of his own trash talking Sanders so he had every right not to shake his hand.

yeah, he isn't playing some diva position though back in the day.  He is a QB.  The whole, just doing what his daddy did thing is sort of the red flag there.  

So the Colorado St QB can't talk about beating an upcoming opponent.....but Sanders can.  That seems like a double standard.  Sanders had plenty to say about what he was going to do to Nebraska.  Colorado QB manned up after the game to do the right thing.  

10 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

We need a real nose tackle if we're gonna keep a 3-4.

And another DE along with better linebackers. Probably a couple of corners and a true ball hawk safety. Then again, the team has needed a ball hawk for going on two decades at this point.