• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Ward.....opinions

Jmac

11 minutes ago, CRA said:

let's keep Dalton, add another young vet-ish type, and draft like young kid in like round 3.  Spend that 1st on D.  2nd too. 

I like this plan.  Sign Drew Lock, re-sign Andy to back him up, and take a kid around round 3.  Get a pass rusher in round 1.

11 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im not saying Sanders is perfect. Yes he can hold on to the ball at times. I'm on record saying I don't want any QB with our 1st Rd pick. This QB class just doesn't move me. But if you asking me who's the best QB in this class I'm taking Sanders simply because I know he can make it work even with a terrible Oline. That's all I'm saying.

I want Hunter or Tmac all things being equal.

Hunter is a gamble. He gets all this hype for playing two ways but I don't like the long term of a guy putting double the mileage on his body. That's a major concern. We already have one Horn.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Hunter is a gamble. He gets all this hype for playing two ways but I don't like the long term of a guy putting double the mileage on his body. That's a major concern. We already have one Horn.

He's not playing both positions at the next level. This is the NFL he's not going to dominate both sides. Whoever drafts him will likely use him as a full-time DB or WR. The choice won't be his.

I just disagree about his impact. This kid is a legit playmaker he's going to be a factor whatever position he chooses.

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

He's not playing both positions at the next level. This is the NFL he's not going to dominate both sides. Whoever drafts him will likely use him as a full-time DB or WR. The choice won't be his.

I just disagree about his impact. This kid is a legit playmaker he's going to be a factor whatever position he chooses.

someone should probably tell him that then

https://247sports.com/article/travis-hunter-wants-to-prove-the-haters-wrong-aims-to-play-wr-and-cb-in-the-nfl-236553699/

"I mean there's a lot of people been telling me [playing both ways is not possible] that since I've been playing it," Hunter told Fenton. "I'm just gonna continue to prove them wrong…It's a lot of haters, even the top dogs hating on me."

19 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im not saying Sanders is perfect. Yes he can hold on to the ball at times. I'm on record saying I don't want any QB with our 1st Rd pick. This QB class just doesn't move me. But if you asking me who's the best QB in this class I'm taking Sanders simply because I know he can make it work even with a terrible Oline. That's all I'm saying.

I want Hunter or Tmac all things being equal.

I'd take Hunter.  But I'd play him one way. I assume he will want to be a WR in the NFL.  I'd rather have him as DB though. 

• Pie 1

Planning on keeping Dalton when he may not even be in the NFL next season is not a great plan. We need to see if Dalton is even healthy at the end of the year and go from there. 

Just draft a QB if there is one with enough tools who passes the regular exam that Young skipped over and have a vet on hand to start the year. If not then change to a vet on a prove it year and do it all over again in 2026.

As far as draft prospects, they have more to show this year and as far as their competition is concerned it matters a lot less than some here think IMO. It's all a practice league. Young looked good enough to get drafted 1st and that competition didn't prove jack and that was the big old SEC. 

6 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I think he might get some part time work at both positions depending on who drafts him. I mean the wear and tear in college of being a two way player. That's literally the equivalent of almost six seasons of snaps(minus the injury time last year). That is a very concerning amount of mileage already on that body.

Is he the best talent in this draft? Very possibly so, I just worry about the longevity having sustained such an insane workload.

15 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Get a pass rusher in round 1.

3-4 OLB or 3-4 DE or 4-3 guys? Does the Evero stick around another year or does he leave for whatever reason and they bring in someone else? Do the Panthers switch back to the 4-3 if they end up with a new DC? Which defense does Dave prefer? Several questions to be answered before going pass rusher in R1 unless you're just assuming everything remains the same.

10 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Either one man.  They're both backups.

Dalton can still be a starter but at a limited ceiling at his age. Also, that cliff could suddenly get here pretty quickly. That remains to be seen. He is a three time Pro Bowler with 164 starts in his career.

Lock is different. He has never played above a lower tier 2nd string QB level. He is a nightmare to think about starting all season. 

No offense, but that is a terrible idea.

Just now, PappyMay said:

please no QB in the first. Edge is my first thought. But if we can't keep Mike Jackson or Dionte Johnson I'd be open to one of those two positions.

BPA all the way. We need just about everything outside of maybe OL(in the first round anyway).

• Beer 1