• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Ward.....opinions

Jmac

Looks like early part of the first round possibly for us (if the team keeps playing decent.) Maybe pick 6-10

How do you all feel about Cam Ward in the first round, or pass on a QB untill the next draft, built up the defense in this draft. 

Looks like a guy Canales can coach up. Would he be worth a shot?

Edited by Jmac

I didn't watch him at Wash ST.  So it's just looking at stats on paper.  They haven't played anyone yet this year worth a hoot.  I'm a bit torn on his on field demeanor.  

I need to see Cam Ward play against some tougher teams first.  Or tougher defenses.  Really need them to  win the ACC (catch a Clemson) and go into the playoffs.  

I don't want to draft a QB at this point (first round at least).  I'm cool with a flyer in the 3rd or something.  I'd rather add another discount vet that can do the job.  Built the team around the QB right now. 

• Pie 3

IDK if I really like him as a Round 1 talent. Don't get me wrong, this doesn't have the look of a stellar draft class so it's very likely he will end up as a top 20 pick, I am just not sure I would want him as a day 1 starter.

I will have to catch some more Miami games this year to see.

I’ve really enjoyed watching this kid play.  His pocket presence is on another level, so calm with the pocket closing in.  He looks to have all the physical you could hope for; size, strength, speed, height.  He is my QB1 right now, I really like the fact that he has face adversity in his life and hasn’t been given anything, started at a smaller school and worked his way up to be the starting QB of Miami

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

IDK if I really like him as a Round 1 talent. Don't get me wrong, this doesn't have the look of a stellar draft class so it's very likely he will end up as a top 20 pick, I am just not sure I would want him as a day 1 starter.

I will have to catch some more Miami games this year to see.

His Washington State play is probably a better gauge, TBH. Miami is pretty stacked right now and they haven't really played anyone. But he has been great this year, obviously.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Looks very talented, to me, we should go BPA and get a qb later. Build this team up as much as possible and plan for another franchise guy the year after. 

Agreed. The roster is bad. Don't throw another rookie at a bad team. Make the team good and figure out QB. I realize this is counter to conventional wisdom but having a bad overall football team is a LOT for any rookie/young QB to have to deal with.

• Pie 1

Sanders is the best QB in this draft. All these other QBs have elite Oline play. Put Sanders behind those Oline and he's leading the nation in passing.

Saying that I doubt we go QB. Especially if we end up winning more games than expected. My dream has always been drafting Travis Hunter. If we can't get him Tmac the WR from Arizona would also be nice.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

His Washington State play is probably a better gauge, TBH. Miami is pretty stacked right now and they haven't really played anyone. But he has been great this year, obviously.

He looked very good in the Pac 12 although I did notice a little tendency to make throws you just won't be able to make at the NFL. Seems very confident in his arm, sometimes to a fault. 

As always, it will depend on his development. Not a guy I would be upset to end up with. Probably a guy I would be upset to see immediately start on the 2025 Panthers. 

If you can give me 1-2 years of Dalton with him riding the pine and getting up to speed, I am all in.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Sanders is the best QB in this draft. All these other QBs have elite Oline play. Put Sanders behind those Oline and he's leading the nation in passing.

Saying that I doubt we go QB. Especially if we end up winning more games than expected. My dream has always been drafting Travis Hunter. If we can't get him Tmac the WR from Arizona would also be nice.

Miami has elite OL play? Didn’t Colorado go all in on OL this offseason? 

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I am actually an outlier in that I am very wary of Hunter.