• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Ward.....opinions (AKA A Thread About Shedeur Sanders)

Jmac

42 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

14 fumbles and 7 INTs. Also had some dropped ones. 

One of the concerning elements of Ward’s game in 2023 was the turnover opportunities he provided the defense. According to PFF, Ward committed 20 ‘turnover worthy plays’ as a passer, which ranked 12th most in the country. Ward committed four ‘turnover worthy plays’ as a passer in two games—against UCLA and Arizona.

Ward also had some fumbling issues in 2023, according to PFF, with the analytic company crediting him with 14 fumbles on the year. Ward had a four fumble game against Colorado State and a three fumble game against Cal. In his college career, Ward has fumbled it 46 times, according to PFF.

fwiw Miami believes it’s solved some of the fumbling issue. We’ll see if it holds true 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Ever heard of a offensive scheme?

Some schemes are pass heavy.

I know you know football. You telling me this is the first time you seen a pass heavy system?

You didn’t answer….what do coaches do if they have horrrific OLs to help mitigate that and win? 

and Colorado went out and bought an OL.  They have talent.   They don’t have talent to be 5 and 4 wide all game long….and then paired with a QB who holds the ball on top of that looking for home run balls.  They aren’t trying to win some quick pass/screen game out of it. It’s hero ball. 

46 minutes ago, MartyClemons said:

fwiw Miami believes it’s solved some of the fumbling issue. We’ll see if it holds true 

Yeah he has definitely caught back on it so far. Granted he has played lesser competition. If he can clean it up he will move up the boards. My point is that is nothing like Teddy lol. 

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You do realize he doesn't even call the plays?

You do realize Sean Lewis was brought to Colorado as the OC in Prime's first season?

You do realize his offense was a fast pace throw the ball to WRs quick and no huddle offense?

You do realize Prime fired him after the season?

So now you blaming Prime for stat padding his son stats despite not having a system or calling the plays.

Take a minute and realize how crazy you sound bro. Of all the Colorado slander I have seen on this board this has to be the most ridiculous statement ever. 

He dictates the scheme and playcalls

Steve Wilks wasn’t calling the plays when he told people to run the damn ball in Carolina 

I watch Colorado bruh.  The eye don’t lie at some point.  Nor do the ears over time when it comes to what dad is doing. 

He provide to be full of bologna in regards to the Jackson St run.  You think Deion coaching Colorado next year? 

1 hour ago, MartyClemons said:

He makes some risky throws. His pick against FL he tried to do too much throwing back while scrambling to his left. He likes to push the ball downfield from what I’ve seen.

We’ll see if that comes back to hurt us against more talented defenses.

Fair enough.

IMO, the real question regarding his ability to play in the NFL though is will he learn when to make those risky throws and when not to, ie will he learn from his mistakes.  

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Do you think he is a top prospect? I feel like you would have the best read on him being a Miami fan.

I wouldn't like to say. 

He's probably the best QB in College football right now, but whether that translates over to the NFL is another thing. 

I'd like to see more accuracy with his throws - speaking purely as a scout, as a Miami fan I'm thrilled with his contributions so far - he's College accurate (hits the open man in stride) but I don't know if he's NFL accurate (intentionally throwing to a front or back shoulder etc). 

Other than that I think he's got every attribute you look for in an NFL QB - his arm is strong enough, he's mobile enough, he moves well in the pocket, he can throw from multiple arm angles, he reads the defence well (both the coverage and adjusting his blocking scheme) and he's poised. 

If I was an NFL scout I'd certainly recommend him to my GM, but I wouldn't stake my career on him just yet. Let's see how he does after ACC play. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, CRA said:

we must of hit a time portal to the early 90s.   Not sure they are everybody's Super Bowl for successfully getting through the cupcake part of the schedule with style.  Miami's resume been too thin, for too long for that IMO. 

Now, I do think Miami is got a shot to actually return to relevance this year.  But they got to show a lot more for the masses to really believe.  I need to see Ward against some tougher Ds/teams.  Unfortunately, that just not on the table anytime soon.   

They play the logo, not the team. 

Everyone gets up for Miami - believe that. 

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

14 fumbles and 7 INTs. Also had some dropped ones. 

One of the concerning elements of Ward’s game in 2023 was the turnover opportunities he provided the defense. According to PFF, Ward committed 20 ‘turnover worthy plays’ as a passer, which ranked 12th most in the country. Ward committed four ‘turnover worthy plays’ as a passer in two games—against UCLA and Arizona.

Ward also had some fumbling issues in 2023, according to PFF, with the analytic company crediting him with 14 fumbles on the year. Ward had a four fumble game against Colorado State and a three fumble game against Cal. In his college career, Ward has fumbled it 46 times, according to PFF.

From what I've read he was pushing last year at Washington St - he felt the pressure to play hero ball to get noticed by NFL scouts. 

He's playing within the scheme so far at Miami - obviously having much better talent around him helps that. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, HPPantherzfan said:

It was an attempt as sarcasm Cam, probably a bad one and its early, I can tell you get very worked up over this kid so I am going to stop.  Good luck to him for your sake.

Lol

I'm on record saying I want Hunter or Tmac. You mad because I said he was the best QB in this class.

Stop playing victim lol

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

you're taking all this a little personally.

Nah just stating facts.

It's clear this board is anti Sanders family. I have no problem if you hate them. Just admit that and keep it at that. When you state false narratives I'm gonna call you out.

Tell the family I said hi.

38 minutes ago, CRA said:

He dictates the scheme and playcalls

Steve Wilks wasn’t calling the plays when he told people to run the damn ball in Carolina 

I watch Colorado bruh.  The eye don’t lie at some point.  Nor do the ears over time when it comes to what dad is doing. 

He provide to be full of bologna in regards to the Jackson St run.  You think Deion coaching Colorado next year? 

You got it bruh.

And no I don't think Deion is coaching Colorado next year. I think he's going to Florida St so he is in a much better recruiting location. Boulder was just his stepping stone. Once he leads them to a bowl game this year his job is done there. That program was awful when he took over. He gave them relevance and exposure nationally. He owes them nothing goodbye.

Anymore questions sir?