• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Ward.....opinions (AKA A Thread About Shedeur Sanders)

Jmac

I’ve only watched one game’s highlights about Ward so I’m still way too ignorant to formulate an opinion yet, but my only observation from that game is that I hate his throwing motion, looks so weird. And he seems to move around lethargically, no pep in his step. But that’s not a deal breaker or anything, I’ll do much more thorough research later in the year when there’s a lot more game to comb through. 

10 hours ago, OldhamA said:

We have 8 ACC games to play - so in all of those. We're everbody's Super Bowl and typically we've dropped a couple of those games every year we've had no right to. 

USF pushed Alabama close in Tuskaloosa, they're no slouches. 

we must of hit a time portal to the early 90s.   Not sure they are everybody's Super Bowl for successfully getting through the cupcake part of the schedule with style.  Miami's resume been too thin, for too long for that IMO. 

Now, I do think Miami is got a shot to actually return to relevance this year.  But they got to show a lot more for the masses to really believe.  I need to see Ward against some tougher Ds/teams.  Unfortunately, that just not on the table anytime soon.   

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

My goodness dude why do you keep talking about his daddy?

We all have an opinion and I respect yours but to answer your question:

Because his daddy is the only reason you, or anyone else, knows his name.

To me, in the NFL, he is the next Trey Lance at best

To keep this kinda on topic, Cam Ward was also not highly recruited but balled out everywhere he has gone, WAS targeted by schools in the next level (compared to where he was) until now where he was targeted by Miami, nothing was given to him, he earned every step he has gotten and excelled at each level.  We will see how it all plays out.

11 minutes ago, CRA said:

it's not a conspiracy that Deion Sanders has constructed an offense that prioritizes his son and what his son's resume/stats will be.  It's just water being wet. 

and Deion Sanders and what the O chooses to do....is what makes that OL the worst in college football.  You keep running with that and it's just not true.  They got talent.  It's bought.   They got more talent than plenty of teams on the OL.  But when you put an OL in 5 and 4 wide situations all game and let a defense pin their ears back all game....with a QB that holds the ball looking for the big play to unfold......they are going to appear really bad.  It's all in the setup. 

North Dakota St was literally giving a free opportunity they never should of seen.....and came up 3 yards short because the Sanders team prioritizes family over the basics a middle school football team should be able to grasp lol.  

Where will Deion Sanders be next season? It won't be Colorado.  He is full of poo.  It's a reality TV show in Colorado.  Little else. 

You do realize he doesn't even call the plays?

You do realize Sean Lewis was brought to Colorado as the OC in Prime's first season?

You do realize his offense was a fast pace throw the ball to WRs quick and no huddle offense?

You do realize Prime fired him after the season?

So now you blaming Prime for stat padding his son stats despite not having a system or calling the plays.

Take a minute and realize how crazy you sound bro. Of all the Colorado slander I have seen on this board this has to be the most ridiculous statement ever. 

9 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

My goodness dude why do you keep talking about his daddy?

He's a top 5 QB prospect. I don't care about his high school ranking that's literally irrelevant.

You and CRA need to stop with this conspiracy theory stuff. Thinking Daddy can stay pad his son stats with a terrible Oline is crazy. He's not even calling the plays LMAO.

Cmon guys just let it go

Quick question, since you know football...what do coaches do that actually have horrible OL talent? Say the worst in all of college football.  What do they do to mitigate that and try to win games? 

I'll give you a hint of what the answer isn't.....they don't sit in and run  5 or 4 wide all game long

10 minutes ago, HPPantherzfan said:

We all have an opinion and I respect yours but to answer your question:

Because his daddy is the only reason you, or anyone else, knows his name.

To me, in the NFL, he is the next Trey Lance at best

To keep this kinda on topic, Cam Ward was also not highly recruited but balled out everywhere he has gone, WAS targeted by schools in the next level (compared to where he was) until now where he was targeted by Miami, nothing was given to him, he earned every step he has gotten and excelled at each level.  We will see how it all plays out.

Respectfully you don't know him. You literally called him Sakure in your last post.

If you say you watch little college football and you don't even know the prospects name how do you expect me to take your opinion seriously?

I'm trying to be respectful, but you're making it extremely hard. He's very know which is why he is a projected 1st rd pick. His daddy can't throw the ball for him. His daddy can't make scouts like him as a QB. Coming into the season Shedeur was expected to be one of the best QBs in college football. Nothing has changed.

Will all due respect do your research my man before you come taking shots at people you don't even know. All you had to say is you hate Deion Sanders and I would have respected that. Instead you disrespected his son who you don't even know his name.

Edited by CamWhoaaCam

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Quick question, since you know football...what do coaches do that actually have horrible OL talent? Say the worst in all of college football.  What do they do to mitigate that and try to win games? 

I'll give you a hint of what the answer isn't.....they don't sit in and run  5 or 4 wide all game long

Ever heard of a offensive scheme?

Some schemes are pass heavy.

I know you know football. You telling me this is the first time you seen a pass heavy system?

@CRA Colorado is ranked 6th in the nation in pass attempts with a very bad defense which means their offense is on the field more than your average offense.

You telling me those other 5 schools are also stat padding their QB stats?

Something not adding up with your theory. If Prime was really stat padding his son stats he should be #1 in pass attempts. Why are other HCs ahead of Prime?

I need answers!

29 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Respectfully you don't know him. You literally called him Sakure in your last post.

If you say you watch little college football and you don't even know the prospects name how do you expect me to take your opinion seriously?

I'm trying to be respectful, but you're making it extremely hard. He's very know which is why he is a projected 1st rd pick. His daddy can't throw the ball for him. His daddy can't make scouts like him as a QB. Coming into the season Shedeur was expected to be one of the best QBs in college football. Nothing has changed.

Will all due respect do your research my man before you come taking shots at people you don't even know. All you had to say is you hate Deion Sanders and I would have respected that. Instead you disrespected his son who you don't even know his name.

you're taking all this a little personally.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Does Ward turn the ball over a lot?  Looking at his stats, doesn't seem to have a lot of turnovers.  7 total last year.  

14 fumbles and 7 INTs. Also had some dropped ones. 

One of the concerning elements of Ward’s game in 2023 was the turnover opportunities he provided the defense. According to PFF, Ward committed 20 ‘turnover worthy plays’ as a passer, which ranked 12th most in the country. Ward committed four ‘turnover worthy plays’ as a passer in two games—against UCLA and Arizona.

Ward also had some fumbling issues in 2023, according to PFF, with the analytic company crediting him with 14 fumbles on the year. Ward had a four fumble game against Colorado State and a three fumble game against Cal. In his college career, Ward has fumbled it 46 times, according to PFF.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Does Ward turn the ball over a lot?  Looking at his stats, doesn't seem to have a lot of turnovers.  7 total last year.  

He makes some risky throws. His pick against FL he tried to do too much throwing back while scrambling to his left. He likes to push the ball downfield from what I’ve seen.

We’ll see if that comes back to hurt us against more talented defenses.