• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Ward.....opinions (AKA A Thread About Shedeur Sanders)

Jmac

1 minute ago, Chief_Chokeaho said:

lol you are you trying to convince me or yourself? Again, I’m not digging up old articles and tweets, but the reality is Bryce was considered the #1 pick by virtually everyone in the weeks leading up to the draft. It’s irrelevant. Bryce is a bust and in hindsight I think we can all agree CJ would have been the right move. You don’t get brownie points for pretending like you know more than literal scouts lol. 

vegas money was squarely on Stroud before the s2 leaked and then it flipped at the last second.

• Pie 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Why was Levis randomly the favorite to go one for a day? 

going off memory something was leaked on reddit or something, you would have to go back and read whatever thread there was at the time, but all in all, the sports books dont conspire at the same time to move a line or odds.  There is always something behind it more then likely a surge of betting volume.

But to the point stroud was the favorite until a day or so before the draft.  There is a thread and maybe if i get bored this afternoon I will search for it.  But I am pretty sure that the s2, tepper and bryces interviewing flipped the odds

• Pie 2

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

going off memory something was leaked on reddit or something, you would have to go back and read whatever thread there was at the time, but all in all, the sports books dont conspire at the same time to move a line or odds.  There is always something behind it more then likely a surge of betting volume.

But to the point stroud was the favorite until a day or so before the draft.  There is a thread and maybe if i get bored this afternoon I will search for it.  But I am pretty sure that the s2, tepper and bryces interviewing flipped the odds

Oh yeah something got leaked during draft month lol. Something gets leaked all the time and it’s usually a lie. Everyone knew Levis wasn’t going 1. It got more people betting. I hope no one followed Vegas religiously in relations to the draft…

https://www.si.com/betting/2023/04/28/will-levis-draft-snub-big-loss-for-bettors

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

vegas money was squarely on Stroud before the s2 leaked and then it flipped at the last second.

Stroud only became the favorite after Carolina's visit. Before that Young was the favorite and had been since before the end of the season leading up to the draft. Then Young became the favorite again following his pro day/Carolina visit.

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Oh yeah something got leaked during draft month lol. Something gets leaked all the time and it’s usually a lie. Everyone knew Levis wasn’t going 1. It got more people betting. I hope no one followed Vegas religiously in relations to the draft…

https://www.si.com/betting/2023/04/28/will-levis-draft-snub-big-loss-for-bettors

Here is the Levis thread.  I havent read through it

I found the other betting odds threads and it appears stroud was the leader going into april and then bets were off as bryce was the fav a week before draft.

When I get back this afternoon I will post those, have to run now.  I suspect we are going to see that it was stroud all along until the s2 poo dropped

52 minutes ago, Chief_Chokeaho said:

lol you are you trying to convince me or yourself? Again, I’m not digging up old articles and tweets, but the reality is Bryce was considered the #1 pick by virtually everyone in the weeks leading up to the draft. It’s irrelevant. Bryce is a bust and in hindsight I think we can all agree CJ would have been the right move. You don’t get brownie points for pretending like you know more than literal scouts lol. 

Until I hear a legit NFL scout admit something like that, I don't want to denigrate them. I doubt they were that involved. 

It's not like they needed to discover him on some small college field and point him out to their superiors. 

This wan't really that hard and the receipts are right here to read in the pre draft threads. Young was just an historic outlier,  I can't overemphasize that. And outlying the wrong way, too small. 

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Here is the Levis thread.  I havent read through it

I found the other betting odds threads and it appears stroud was the leader going into april and then bets were off as bryce was the fav a week before draft.

When I get back this afternoon I will post those, have to run now.  I suspect we are going to see that it was stroud all along until the s2 poo dropped

Stroud was linked to Reich’s style of QB. That’s the reason he was originally projected to go here. Young was still the consensus QB1 in that draft. I don’t know why some people refuse to believe this. Luke just said in his recent interview most teams would have taken Bryce 1. Vegas had Stroud, Bryce, Levis, and Bryce again. See how it jumped around. It’s not some fortune teller. I just posted an article on how a majority of the picks right after Bryce went against Vegas odds. Again Vegas just wants to make money. They could care less about anything else. 

4 minutes ago, strato said:

Until I hear a legit NFL scout admit something like that, I don't want to denigrate them. I doubt they were that involved. 

It's not like they needed to discover him on some small college field and point him out to their superiors. 

This wan't really that hard and the receipts are right here to read in the pre draft threads. Young was just an historic outlier,  I can't overemphasize that. And outlying the wrong way, too small. 

Luke just said he is a firm believer that a majority of the NFL would have taken Bryce at 1 as well. He has been a scout. Look they got it wrong and it’s far from the first time this has happened. I don’t know why it’s so mind boggling? 

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

this. someone leaked it on reddit and ton of people bought levis at like +700. Vegas in turn lowered his odds in the event that guy was right so they didn't hemorrhage money

9 hours ago, Shocker said:

So not true…I will let you know in 2 years how the draft went.  Everyone is Einstien after the fact.  Just stop.  He threw it like no one else in the SEC.  79 TDs in 2 seasons.  Won a Heisman.  Won a national championship.  
It is incredibly shallow and dumb for grown people to be bashing this guy who has done more than most people could only dream of.

Lol talking about college again

As if getting to sit back behind a Bama OL had nothing to do with it. Could’ve put a lot of QB’s on that Bama team and they would’ve put up crazy stats too

So much was made about Young leaving and how he carried Bama his final year and how there would be a huge drop off with Milroe but that didn’t happen at all

Anyone who watched last year and was still finding things to blame other than Young clearly has no idea what they’re watching. 

• Pie 1