• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Andy Dalton QB School week 3

Jackie Lee

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yeah, I didn’t compare him to Rhule.  It’s merely a reference to how those perfect storm games can pop up when everything aligns for you on a random Sunday.  I merely referenced the last one as a reminder of them. .  Carolina went out west and steamrolled a team (both times) with everything going there way….but just like the last time we witnessed one of those games, most things point to that being more fluky than reality going forward 

Oakland’s defense played pretty poorly too. I think fans are just excited because there is a chance we can be competitive again on Sundays. The Bengals probably beat us, but with Dalton we probably beat bad teams more times than not IMO. I still see the 6 wins and will happily take them. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

23 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Completely agree. The way the Panthers won is repeatable. It wasn’t some fluke where the defense scored a touchdown or two and then special teams blocked a punt and returned one for a touchdown. It was a thorough beat down within the regular framework that a game operates. 

Dalton isn’t consistently making those throws though each Sunday.  D clearly isn’t going to do what they did…..all aligning together on the same Sunday. 

15 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Oakland’s defense played pretty poorly too. I think fans are just excited because there is a chance we can be competitive again on Sundays. The Bengals probably beat us, but with Dalton we probably beat bad teams more times than not IMO. I still see the 6 wins and will happily take them. 

Cam agrees.  Linked to timestamp but around 4:06

18 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

We are better than with Bryce. I’m thrilled Andy is starting because I think XL, Mingo and Saunders will now have legit opportunities to grow. 

But a good football team isn’t something I’m going to pretend we are simply because we had a good Sunday.  We see what we saw last Sunday happen with teams like ours from time to time.  

same folks that few me as a Dalton basher will be calling be a Dalton defender when they swing hard the other way on him.  I’ve seen how that plays out 

7 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Cam agrees.  Linked to timestamp but around 4:06

Cam knows his poo. I’m sure they overlooked us too, but I will say to travel across the country and come out swinging like that (against a bad team or not) is still very impressive. 

Cam did call him “Allen” Theilen lol… 

Edited by ForJimmy