• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Andy Dalton QB School week 3

Jackie Lee

Come on Huddle... last year's squad WAS hot garbage. It was. And just because a 13 years vet with multiple pro bowls under his belt had a good game (even though he got the crap beat out of him), doesn't mean that a rookie should have. JTs analysis weren't far off last season. A little biased, but not egregious. Andy's seen everything there is to see in the NFL. Everything. You're not gonna fool him with presnap looks. But if we're being honest, he's had the least number reps in this offense from all the QBs on the roster during training camp. Even the 4th guy that came in. I think he'll only get better as he gets more comfortable with what everyone is doing. 

• Beer 1

12 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

I watched ten minutes and he sounds so upset to give Dalton any props for some reason. Mostly blaming the raiders for all the catches

I mean, I do think the fanbase overnight has swung too hard into the Dalton/Panthers are now a very good team mindset.   

Odds are, a lot of things went our way for that game to work out like it did. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, I do think the fanbase overnight has swung too hard into the Dalton/Panthers are now a very good team mindset.   

Odds are, a lot of things went our way for that game to work out like it did. 

Very good? Remains to be seen, competitive every weak and exciting to watch? Yes yes 

1 minute ago, PantherChris said:

Very good? Remains to be seen, competitive every weak and exciting to watch? Yes yes 

A dominant oline and a creative playcaller will put up points every week. Some of those blocking schmes with the TEs are crazy for Carolina. Like, what is this witchcraft you're doing with the TEs? I didn't know they could do that.

Bryce just wasn't pulling the trigger, and/or he was missing easy NFL throws. 

32 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

I mean, even that is likely too far of a swing IMO.  Competitive every week?  We are still a bottom tier roster.  

I think we will be competitive with the rest of the weak teams.  From what we have seen, our D can't handle teams that can run and pass.  Folks will get film on Dalton.  We got a lot of inexperience in the pass game too.   

We have had those perfect storm games before in the Tepper era before.