• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce played his best of his career doing his job on Sunday, so why trade him now?

There is a lot of talk of trading Bryce for peanuts, even as we watch as other QBs turn a new leaf after becoming veterans across the league, two of them formerly on the team. While that may still be the case that the boy is traded and what ultimately happens. He had his best game of his career doing his job, a back-up QB, he was there for his QB1 and didn't cause a single problem. Why trade him when, after so many weeks of him regressing, Canales finally figured out how to put him in position to win? Yeah it came on the bench, but the point is, when put in a situation he could control, he did exactly what you want to see him do. I don't think he will be capable of taking over for QB1 in 2024... hell I doubt he can be that player in 2025 based on what I've seen, but Dave Canales is one of the best coaches in the league for veteran QB's... and there is only one way to make BY9 a veteran QB and its the bane of every fans existence: patience. I'm not saying pick-up his 5th year option, I'm not saying pay him to stick around after 2026 either... I'm saying he has more value continuing to stack winning days like Sunday up for a few months or even years and see if he can translate that Bama magic to the NFL after he becomes a vet. Because is it really worth it to have your #1 pick become Drew Brees for a 4th round pick on his second team when you can just chill the fug out and LET THE BOY WATCH with a head coach that can mold him.

All that to say, if Dave Canales doesn't think the boy is worth it, then drop his ass.

Like I said before, we should sit on him for a while…probably until the offseason while the memory of just how bad and hopeless he is fades and hope we can dupe another team into overpaying for him. All these other “resurgences” have nothing to do with Bryce because none of them looked nearly as bad as Bryce at any point in their careers. Not Zach Wilson, not Sam Darnold, not even Jamarcus Russell who never had a resurgence. They all had something to point at and say “well he can do this well, maybe if he just learned the other stuff”. There is not a single thing Bryce does that isn’t bad bad. His supposed strengths were processing (he’s bad) and accuracy (I always said he was bad, even in college. That’s the fallacy of looking at completion % as an indicator of accuracy) and he’s actually terrible at both. 

• Beer 1

Drew Brees again. Even if he was a comp which he isn't (MUCH smaller and 2 inches shorter) when did Drew Brees ever look like that?

And he never struggled half that much. 

The only thing he can at do an NFL level might white board and standing around watching. Or preseason games where he's playing nobodies. 

You don't want on the field.

The offense looked exactly (to me at least) like it did with Reich during the first two games. The common denominator was Bryce. Both Reich and Canales called short routes and/or easy plays for Bryce but he still couldn't execute. Any team that picks him up will do the same and realize that he won't be able to run an NFL offense and make NFL throws. However, right now there are folks out there who feel we, the Panthers, are the problem so let them think that and give us a high draft pick. 

Bryce has always been the problem. Dalton showed it last year in the Seattle game but maybe we weren't ready to see it then, but it's clear as day now. 

2 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Everyone said Tua was a bust, would never be any good then he got matched up with a HC who knew how to use him. Baker went to LA and played well, now he’s playing good in Tampa. Darnold is balling out in Minnesota. 

And Bryce isn’t nearly as talented as ANY of the AVERAGE QB’s you just listed.

Edited by HardcoreHokie
  • Pie 1

He’s one of the worst quarterbacks I’ve ever seen play. He’s not going to turn it around. If he wasn’t a number 1 pick he never would have been in contention for the job this year at all. 

Canales had to trot him out for 2 games to establish how poo he is at the job so he could bench him. He’ll never play in the league again. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Everyone said Tua was a bust, would never be any good then he got matched up with a HC who knew how to use him. Baker went to LA and played well, now he’s playing good in Tampa. Darnold is balling out in Minnesota. 

None of them have ever looked as bad as Young. It’s very unlikely he’s going to turn it around.