• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Multiple Trade Offers for Bryce

Daddy_Uncle

9 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

As much as you guys want to get rid of Bryce, his value to us isn't lower than a 2nd round pick.

If the Panthers trade him for a 3rd round or worse pick, he will undoubtedly come back to bite us in the ass and play super well.

2nd round pick, sure, get him out of here. But we bust so much on later picks that there's no point because we still eat the cap charge

the fact that a fourth round pick is the highest offer tells you that he has no trade value. it will not increase. if they don't do it now, interest will fade and the best offers will be even worse.

everything about bryce young has come back to bite the team. the absolute best case scenario for the panthers is a trade that involves absorbing young's salary.

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

As much as you guys want to get rid of Bryce, his value to us isn't lower than a 2nd round pick.

If the Panthers trade him for a 3rd round or worse pick, he will undoubtedly come back to bite us in the ass and play super well.

2nd round pick, sure, get him out of here. But we bust so much on later picks that there's no point because we still eat the cap charge

Come back to bite us in the ass and play super well?

The words "Play Well" and "Bryce Young" do not go together now and probably never will.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2

32 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

Come back to bite us in the ass and play super well?

The words "Play Well" and "Bryce Young" do not go together now and probably never will.

This is the Tepper Panthers. There is no absurdity safe with the bad luck and mojo around this team.

I'm over Bryce Young as much as anyone. I'm just keeping it real.

55 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

LMAOOOOOOO 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

If it's such an obvious call to trade Bryce now why hasn't Morgan and Canales jumped at the chance? 

Former local reporter here, Jonathan Jones, who has since done writing for Sport Illustrated and is now a senior NFL reporter and insider for CBS pretty much lays out the truth.  I've followed the guy his whole career and he is one of the best.  Most can't see through the pain of losing so much or use random twitter posts to support their opinion so many won't believe this either.  Tepper going to a pro day or who his wife hugged is too much proof to overcome for the majority of fans.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/panthers-not-turning-page-on-benched-bryce-young-expect-former-no-1-pick-to-regain-starting-spot-in-2024/

45 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

In the span of one week with him on the bench we have gone from the worst team in the league the first 2 games to one of the best offenses in the league even the defense looked better. Morale was up across the board.

To currently believe (given all we now know) that he will undoubtedly go on to become a top QB on his next team without question just to spite us is not a take that exists within the bounds of reality.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, grimesgoat said:

I'd take a 3rd and maybe a future 5th.  Or maybe a 4th and future 4th.

Looking at the numbers, we'd save $2m this year but have a dead cap hit of around $12m next year.

The trade partner would be getting a developmental QB that has been scarred by us on basically a 2-year $10m deal.

I thought it would be impossible to move him, but there may be some takers.

As someone said - he is a sunk cost.  Get what you can and don't look back.  It is awkward to have him around at this point.

Yeah thanks.  It's around 6.3 million 2025 and the same 2026, so all at once 12mil is close enough.

I found this. It has a little tab that allows pre or post June 1 also. Looks pretty easy to read and seems t be correct:

https://overthecap.com/player/bryce-young/10825

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Loyalty4Life said:

If it's such an obvious call to trade Bryce now why hasn't Morgan and Canales jumped at the chance? 

Former local reporter here, Jonathan Jones, who has since done writing for Sport Illustrated and is now a senior NFL reporter and insider for CBS pretty much lays out the truth.  I've followed the guy his whole career and he is one of the best.  Most can't see through the pain of losing so much or use random twitter posts to support their opinion so many won't believe this either.  Tepper going to a pro day or who his wife hugged is too much proof to overcome for the majority of fans.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/panthers-not-turning-page-on-benched-bryce-young-expect-former-no-1-pick-to-regain-starting-spot-in-2024/

Don't give up hope

8 minutes ago, Loyalty4Life said:

If it was such an obvious call to trade Burns for 2 1sts why hasn’t Fitterer and Morgan jumped at the chance?

Not a great argument.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

TBH, a huge part of me wants to make him ride the pine unless someene is dumb enough to offer us a 1st. He screwed us over with all that pre draft BS. Let's screw him over and make him a bench warmer. 

He doesn't need to dress. Emergency guy. Because when he comes in, it will be a fuging emergency. 

And true up there frank, I don't believe he belongs in the league and he isn't going to do much.