• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Multiple Trade Offers for Bryce

Daddy_Uncle

9 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

you need to get your ears checked

Nope he's actually hearing well. Adam Schefter also reported this last week on Sports Center.

Seems like he's still our QB for the near future. Maybe they give him 1 last chance to prove himself in the 2nd half of the season. 

Edited by CamWhoaaCam
  • Beer 1

51 minutes ago, Silent Majority said:

I hear that Dalton is on a short leash because the team is going back to Bryce at some point this season. "We do think he has a future here." If true I'm speechless.

Heard another panthers content creator talk about this today. Haven't seen it anywhere else,  I hope it isn't true. Dalton wouldn't have to be pretty bad for me to be okay with that and even still I don't know if that would be enough. Probably would stop watching the games if that happened. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Heard another panthers content creator talk about this today. Haven't seen it anywhere else,  I hope it isn't true. Dalton wouldn't have to be pretty bad for me to be okay with that and even still I don't know if that would be enough. Probably would stop watching the games if that happened. 

Jay Glazers reports made me a bit ill. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Adam Schefter also reported it on Sports Center.

You mean this? Doesn't exactly say short leash. Reads more like if we're out of the playoffs and Bryce is still on the team might as well get another look

Edited by Jackie Lee
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

You mean this? Doesn't exactly say short leash. Reads more like if we're out of the playoffs and Bryce is still on the team might as well get another look

Why would we bench him the rest of the season?

If we plan on moving on we either need to trade him or let him play the 2nd half of the season and see if he improved from watching Dalton.

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

That would be a fun pep talk to have with the team. "Try and make him look good guys so we can get a 4th rounder instead of a 5th!"  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Well NBC doesn't believe Bryce might just need a break or whatever. I can't find anything on Schefter or Glazer saying "Dalton is on a short leash" specifically. Granted they do say Tepper is an impatient bitch and could change his mind at a minutes notice which is a fact

41 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Why would we bench him the rest of the season?

If we plan on moving on we either need to trade him or let him play the 2nd half of the season and see if he improved from watching Dalton.

Cap wise it's better to trade after the season.  His stock only falls if we play him

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Theory:  They have seen Baker and Darnold move on to find success.  Maybe they do not think they can find a better backup, and maybe they think he needs a wake up call and a year to watch and learn.  This does not mean that Bryce is the man at the end of the season or in 2025.  It means that we will have a QB competition in 2025.  We gotta pay him anyway....

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Theory:  They have seen Baker and Darnold move on to find success.  Maybe they do not think they can find a better backup, and maybe they think he needs a wake up call and a year to watch and learn.  This does not mean that Bryce is the man at the end of the season or in 2025.  It means that we will have a QB competition in 2025.  We gotta pay him anyway....

I'm ok with that as long as we draft someone and keep Dalton for another year. The only tricky part is if we have a qb competition in camp/preseason next year and Bryce still looks horrible, no one is going to want to trade for him if he can't beat out Dalton and a rookie. Not for 2 years and $10M when they could just wait for him to be cut and give him a shot on a minimum contract

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I'm ok with that as long as we draft someone and keep Dalton for another year. The only tricky part is if we have a qb competition in camp/preseason next year and Bryce still looks horrible, no one is going to want to trade for him if he can't beat out Dalton and a rookie. Not for 2 years and $10M when they could just wait for him to be cut and give him a shot on a minimum contract

Doesn’t Dalton’s current contract have voided years? I think that makes it difficult to extend him after this year.