• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Multiple Trade Offers for Bryce

Daddy_Uncle

35 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

We can't absorb $8.1 mil in dead cap. We would have to somehow clear $7 mil in cap before the NFL would allow us to even make the trade. Otherwise we are over the cap.

Remember that we had to maniacally scramble to get under the cap prior to the season. 

This makes WAY more sense to deal with either in the offseason or after June 1st, 2025.

There is no real risk to the team. His value is already quite low and it dropping from something like a 4th to a 6th/7th is relatively meaningless. Additionally, we don't really have a valid backup option behind Dalton without him(arguably we don't WITH him either).

There is an 6m or 8m dead cap hit, but his cap number of 8m goes away.  Another player would then count against the cap, but that's likely only 1m or so.

34 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

There is an 6m or 8m dead cap hit, but his cap number of 8m goes away.  Another player would then count against the cap, but that's likely only 1m or so.

The only thing that goes away is his base salary, which is very small.

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The only thing that goes away is his base salary, which is very small.

His base is 915,000 this year which barely dents that bonus money hitting all at once.

Edited by csx
  • Beer 1

I dont really care about draft picks or the money aspect. I do care about the fact that every single player and coach looked 100% better without Young playing.  

He seems like a good guy but is absolutely toxic when on the field. He needs to be gone yesterday. May we never see him play again.... unless its for the falcons.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, jb2288 said:

I don't think we do this I believe Bryce has played his last snap here unless Dalton goes down, but if we did the prove it thing there is no way you can do 1 game. You would HAVE to do 4-6 games minimum. Imagine if we let him start week 17 and he lights it up and we decide to roll with him in 2025 and let Dalton walk as a FA, that's worse case scenario. 

Tis the Tepper Panthers way

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I dont really care about draft picks or the money aspect. I do care about the fact that every single player and coach looked 100% better without Young playing.  

He seems like a good guy but is absolutely toxic when on the field. He needs to be gone yesterday. May we never see him play again.... unless its for the falcons.

I don't think he is anything close to toxic. I think what you are seeing is just the fact that all of his teammates know he cannot do the job at the necessary level to win. So in that regard its demoralizing to watch him fail and the team suffer.

That doesn't necessitate his immediate removal, especially when removing him means that some of his teammates will likely be leaving with him or having to enter into contract negotiations during an active season.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't think he is anything close to toxic. I think what you are seeing is just the fact that all of his teammates know he cannot do the job at the necessary level to win. So in that regard its demoralizing to watch him fail and the team suffer.

That doesn't necessitate his immediate removal, especially when removing him means that some of his teammates will likely be leaving with him or having to enter into contract negotiations during an active season.

That seems pretty toxic to me.

3 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

That seems pretty toxic to me.

There are always going to be guys on every team that you just know don't have the ability to be relied on. Usually backup guys but sometimes starters. That's usually just a morale issue and not truly toxic. 

Toxic would be any of the Josh Daniels stints or Brian Flores. Those are scenarios where people are actively sowing division or torpedoing morale intentionally. 

Bryce is not intentionally doing anything. He just isn't confident or capable of doing the job.

So, with that, him just not being a starter essentially removes that. If he was actively toxic we would have lost against the Raiders because the morale was still ruined by his active negative presence.

I have experienced all of this in various workplaces. If you have a co-worker that just sucks at their job, it can impact morale negatively because you know everyone else has to either carry their load or the team as a whole is at a reduced level of effectiveness because of the weakness created by them. 

Toxic is wholly different. That's someone(as an example) pitting co-workers against each other for any number of reasons and essentially actively and intentionally destroying morale for their own reasons.

Bryce is not that latter thing.