• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Multiple Trade Offers for Bryce

Daddy_Uncle

12 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Im no cap expert. But the best I can tell if he is traded during the season it would add close to 10,000,000 to the cap and thus putting the panthers over by like 6,000,000

It seems they need to wait until June 1st to trade him. 

https://overthecap.com/player/bryce-young/10825

you can change the numbers on top of the dead cap, lot of options. 

Best I can tell hes on the panthers roster until June 1st 2025. The best I see is panthers and another already have a deal in place before the draft, but they will have to wait until June 1st in order for the cap to make sense.

Honestly Im shocked ANY team trades for him, why trade for BY when the better QB PJ Walker is a current FA?? Fools and ego...

Very good point.  The Panthers could be keeping him for only this reason and since it would be very difficult to trade him now without the another team taking on salary as part of the deal, they may just be trying to maximize his future trade value.

Why cant the Panthers just let him cook...?  Like let the kid develop behind the scenes.  They'll have a better understanding on if they want to keep him or what to value him at on the market 1 or 2 seasons from now.  BY can't help he was overdrafted.  Not every QB needs to start when leaving for the NFL.  

From what our eyes have shown us he's not ready now.  Maybe he will be later.  

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Cold Cat said:

Why cant the Panthers just let him cook...?  Like let the kid develop behind the scenes.  They'll have a better understanding on if they want to keep him or what to value him at on the market 1 or 2 seasons from now.  BY can't help he was overdrafted.  Not every QB needs to start when leaving for the NFL.  

100%

20 minutes ago, Cold Cat said:

The problem is him becoming a starting NFL qb would be a significant aberration.  He is the smallest starter in NFL history, or something like that.  He doesn't have a super strong arm, nor does he have great athleticism.  The odds were already against him, and now that he has 18 games under his belt and has gotten worse as he progressed, the odds of him becoming a NFL starter are even slimmer than they were.  

So it may be better if we get what we can for him.  

Yeah he has shown zero ability to be an NFL QB 1st team, 2nd team, whatever. 

I want to say it is way worse even, than I imagined, but I could never see him as some kind of high draft pick. I may have begrudgingly accepted him at 9, on the chance that I was wrong. Begrudgingly. 

I accepted Reich sort of begrudgingly, too, but I wasn't sold on the 'we have to have the hot play caller' to start with.

With Canales, looks like maybe I was wrong about the play caller, though we didn't get a hot one. Want to be wrong.

Edited by strato

Y’all need to temper your expectations. Yes we gave up tons of first and seconds and players to get Bryce. But that was all based on perceived potential, as are all draft pick trades. You can’t expect to bluff a guy out of money in poker when all your shitty cards are showing. The NFL has seen what we have in Bryce, and knows we will release him in the off-season if he isn’t traded. So now the determining factor of his value is how much is a team willing to give up to jump the line and grab him before we release him. If they think the Panthers are just that poorly run and BY still has it, maybe they offer a little more. 

But at the end of the day if you think we will get ANYTHING more than a fourth round pick prepare to be upset. We can’t do anything about the colossal mistake that is BY. If we can move on from him and his cap cost with a fourth rounder, take it and run quickly.

• Pie 3

Just now, HardcoreHokie said:

Keep Begrudgingly Pounding

No more begrudging. I can always use reluctant. 

I didn't accept Young begrudgingly on not begrudgingly or really wouldn't off his play, for anything short of a gun to my head. 

reason to trade now: time for the other team to evaluate = compensation.

any team that picks him up at the end of the season burns time to develop/evaluate him before deciding on year 5. so, leverage the control. its be 1 year before you had to make the call vs 1.75.

that's why the Darnold trade was dumb of us (had to go with 5th year option before year 4, without him any sight of him in a uni) and Rosen was smart of the cards. sell the years of control and time to fix before the real $ decisions are required.  really should have sold at the end of last season but here we are and the value went down again so far this year..............