• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Multiple Trade Offers for Bryce

Daddy_Uncle

21 minutes ago, Loyalty4Life said:

If it's such an obvious call to trade Bryce now why hasn't Morgan and Canales jumped at the chance? 

Former local reporter here, Jonathan Jones, who has since done writing for Sport Illustrated and is now a senior NFL reporter and insider for CBS pretty much lays out the truth.  I've followed the guy his whole career and he is one of the best.  Most can't see through the pain of losing so much or use random twitter posts to support their opinion so many won't believe this either.  Tepper going to a pro day or who his wife hugged is too much proof to overcome for the majority of fans.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/panthers-not-turning-page-on-benched-bryce-young-expect-former-no-1-pick-to-regain-starting-spot-in-2024/

People leak trade offers to drum up trade offers.

Maybe saying no we believe in him, is the same game. Get a better trade offer.

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

he has no value and his contract is problematic 

That is not true. 

ESPN, Adam Schefter and Jay Glazer have reported that 4 teams has inquired about trading for him.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10136302-nfl-trade-rumors-panthers-bryce-young-eyed-by-several-teams-after-benching

"The Panthers have been contacted by certain teams, according to league sources, while other teams have mulled a Young trade within their own organizations," Schefter wrote.

According to Schefter, the Panthers "do not intend to trade" Young.

Jay Glazer of Fox Sports provided more information Sunday, adding there were specifically four teams interested in the young quarterback.

"There's four teams who actually called the Panthers this week and tried to inquire to see if they can trade for Bryce Young," Glazer said on Fox NFL Sunday. "All four teams were told emphatically by Carolina, 'We are not trading him, we do still think there's a future here."

6 minutes ago, Loyalty4Life said:

That is not true. 

ESPN, Adam Schefter and Jay Glazer have reported that 4 teams has inquired about trading for him.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10136302-nfl-trade-rumors-panthers-bryce-young-eyed-by-several-teams-after-benching

"The Panthers have been contacted by certain teams, according to league sources, while other teams have mulled a Young trade within their own organizations," Schefter wrote.

Jay Glazer of Fox Sports provided more information Sunday, adding there were specifically four teams interested in the young quarterback.

"There's four teams who actually called the Panthers this week and tried to inquire to see if they can trade for Bryce Young," Glazer said on Fox NFL Sunday. "All four teams were told emphatically by Carolina, 'We are not trading him, we do still think there's a future here."

Its pretty clear you dont understand how this game works.  And its beyond comical you are still trying to defend young after everything we now know.   Dude, let it go, bryce is done in carolina. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Its pretty clear you dont understand how this game works.  And its beyond comical you are still trying to defend young after everything we now know.   Dude, let it go, bryce is done in carolina. 

It's pretty clear you use words that you don't know the meaning of like "value and that everything we think "we" know is based mostly on rumors.

I'm not defending the fact that Bryce is a great QB or that he didn't look like an completely awful QB the first two games of the season.  I'm defending against the Chicken Little, sky is falling, fan speak narrative that he has "no value" or that it's not very possible he can improve and become a starter in this league.

Why do I believe this?

Because I've seen it happen way to often in sports.  One teams "trash" is another treasure.  Hell, it's happened to us as recently as Darnold and Baker. 

Because last year would have a negative impact on any developing QB.

Because Canales has said he still believes in Bryce as a franchise QB.

Because Jonathan Jones has reported that the Panthers as an organization still believe in him.

Because he hasn't been traded.

Because fans usually don't know poo, myself included, but I am least admit it or say I don't know.

I'm not saying it's not very possible or maybe even probable that Bryce will turn out to be a complete bust but history has shown that it's very possible he'll be a future starter in this league.

Steve Young won 3 games his first 2 years before he was traded to SF and he looked about as bad as Bryce throwing 11 TDs and 21 ints.

The Panthers are known to not give up when the going gets tough. 

Keep Pounding.

37 minutes ago, Loyalty4Life said:

That is not true. 

Im no cap expert. But the best I can tell if he is traded during the season it would add close to 10,000,000 to the cap and thus putting the panthers over by like 6,000,000

It seems they need to wait until June 1st to trade him. 

https://overthecap.com/player/bryce-young/10825

you can change the numbers on top of the dead cap box, lot of options. 

Best I can tell hes on the panthers roster until June 1st 2025. The best I see is panthers and another already have a deal in place before the draft, but they will have to wait until June 1st in order for the cap to make sense.

Honestly Im shocked ANY team trades for him, why trade for BY when the better QB PJ Walker is a current FA?? Fools and ego...

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1

Honestly, we need a back up QB.  Who knows how Andy's health will hold up.  This is probably a very contentious take, but that's what it is.

Bryce will have much more value in the off season as teams try to get ahead of the draft.  Let him "grow and develop" so that he's "ready to roll" for the next team.  

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, d-dave said:

Honestly, we need a back up QB.  Who knows how Andy's health will hold up.  This is probably a very contentious take, but that's what it is.

Bryce will have much more value in the off season as teams try to get ahead of the draft.  Let him "grow and develop" so that he's "ready to roll" for the next team.  

They just need to wait til next year.

I heard they were all over drew lock and offered big backup money, but he picked the giants cause he thought it was the fastest path to QBing.

Lock, fields, jones, wilson, wilson, rudolph, etc plus Im sure a couple of QBs will be cut as well. 

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Im no cap expert. But the best I can tell if he is traded during the season it would add close to 10,000,000 to the cap and thus putting the panthers over by like 6,000,000

It seems they need to wait until June 1st to trade him. 

https://overthecap.com/player/bryce-young/10825

you can change the numbers on top of the dead cap box, lot of options. 

Best I can tell hes on the panthers roster until June 1st 2025. The best I see is panthers and another already have a deal in place before the draft, but they will have to wait until June 1st in order for the cap to make sense.

Honestly Im shocked ANY team trades for him, why trade for BY when the better QB PJ Walker is a current FA?? Fools and ego...

Well damn there's your answer.  They simply can't afford it.  Case closed.