• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Multiple Trade Offers for Bryce

Daddy_Uncle

The only connected person I’ve seen say this is Ian Rappaport and that was at the end of last week, before Dalton showed the nfl the problem was Bryce. The nfl already knew that I’m sure. 

Ian is notorious for doing what agents want. This reeks of someone in “Bryce’s camp” trying to stir poo, and it undercuts the whole “team player” bs his dead enders on here have been trotting out.

Bryce isn’t worth a warm sandwich right now. 

• Pie 2

I would take the fourth right now and sign Zappe or Mike White as the backup.  Call me crazy----or I would bring up Plummer.  Look at the history of teams that traded starting qbs-they are cheap--low risk, high reward.

Bryce just ain't a dog.  Never had it.  Front runner, and he can play in ideal conditions.  The NFL doesn't have ideal conditions.

• Pie 3

If he gets traded it will be close to the deadline. I'm of the belief that that cannot trade him without a viable backup and they currently don't have one. That's even if they wanted to. It's more likely a player for player swap with similar contracts if at all. That would be the best option, but least likely. They are screwed if Andy isn't out there.

they have to pull the trigger and get what they can.

if they really are considering keeping him, they better sign a viable backup asap.

the only reason bryce should have even a remote possibility of playing this season is because the panthers have been eliminated from the playoffs. 

I just don't see how Bryce can improve anymore than what he's already shown. Is he magically going to get a stronger arm, faster, taller? The ONLY thing he could get better at is processing information, but even that will only take you so far because of his lack of arm talent. His value will not get any higher than what it is right now, especially with injuries to some QBs around the league (looking at Miami). He's a sunk cost, get what you can get at this point and prepare for next year to draft another QB to learn behind Dalton. 

• Beer 1

23 minutes ago, demcj said:

they have to pull the trigger and get what they can.

if they really are considering keeping him, they better sign a viable backup asap.

the only reason bryce should have even a remote possibility of playing this season is because the panthers have been eliminated from the playoffs. 

Actually they should have played him when we were up by 26 just to clarify the siruation.

• Beer 1

All I know is if they have to roll Bryce back out there any time soon it's going to get so much worse because he is unplayable right now. He shouldn't even be the backup unless they were trying to move him and keep the value up. If they are keeping him then they need to promote Plumber or go sign someone as a '#3' who just plays in front of Bryce while he learns or whatever miracle they are waiting on with all that.