• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who is scary on the remaining schedule?

rayzor

So hard to guess. 

Who thought the Bengals would be 0-3?? Makes them a dangerous team to face. 

Although I do love the energy and passion our team is playing with. 

Also know that they are hungry to make a statement about defending the home field. 

I'm not going to look ahead. 

I do know if the team continues to play the way they did on Sunday afternoon,  they will be hard to beat. 

• Pie 1

Not sure we have an accurate picture of what the Dalton lead Panthers really are.  Especially the D.  They got their teeth kicked in to kick off the year before Bryce even laid an egg.   

I think we are better than the Bears.  We probably are on par with some other teams like Denver and NY.  But roster wise, we still got a ways to go. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

and remember....we play the cowboys in December which is when they usually fall apart. 

and to @CRA's point above, i think the same could be/could have been said for most of the teams on that schedule. lots of teams are looking pretty bad that usually don't. 

at this point i think it's anyone's game....including ours. 

it just doesn't look like there is anyone, especially in the NFC that is just standing out as super dominant except for maybe the vikings(!?!?!?!?).

if we play like we did this last week, i think that my prediction of 8-9 wins might be on the conservative side just because our schedule doesn't likes it's full of teams that are playing at a high level.

Bears, Falcons, Broncos, Giants, Bengals, Cardinals are all straight trash. That's SEVEN games against dumpster fire bottom tier teams.

Commanders and Cowboys should be tough matchups, but still winnable.

Bucs and Saints could be really tough, those are most likely Ls. Probably be happy with going 1-2 in those 3 games.

Chiefs are gonna straight whoop our ass. And even if by some miracle we pull out a win, the refs are gonna hand them the game anyway.

Overall not too bad of a schedule TBH.

48 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I'm trying to not go nuts with the optimism, but from what we've seen from other teams on the schedule and how ours looked Sunday...how do you think we fair? Which teams do you afraid of and which teams do you view differently now compared to when you first saw the schedule?

bengals (0-3)

bears (1-2)

falcons (1-2)

commanders (2-1)

broncos (1-2)

saints (2-1)

giants (1-2)

chiefs (3-0)

bucs (2-1)

cowboys (1-2)

cards (1-2)

Probably every one of them but just guessing on the bolded ones. Mile High scares me just because the air density factor. 

Plus the Venezuelan gangs might take over the team hotel.

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

I'm trying to not go nuts with the optimism, but from what we've seen from other teams on the schedule and how ours looked Sunday...how do you think we fair? Which teams do you afraid of and which teams do you view differently now compared to when you first saw the schedule?

bengals (0-3)

bears (1-2)

falcons (1-2)

commanders (2-1)

broncos (1-2)

saints (2-1)

giants (1-2)

chiefs (3-0)

bucs (2-1)

cowboys (1-2)

cards (1-2)

bengals (0-3) - L

bears (1-2) - W

falcons (1-2) - L

commanders (2-1) - L

broncos (1-2) - W

saints (2-1) - L

giants (1-2) - W

chiefs (3-0) - L

bucs (2-1) - L

cowboys (1-2) - L

cards (1-2) - W

1 hour ago, csx said:

I worry about the Bengals waking up and Burrow going off.

We're going to have to try and outscore them.  Burrow and Chase will be on a mission.  Our pass rush worries me.  It worked fine against Minshew, but Burrow will pick us apart with that kind of time in the pocket. 

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

bengals (0-3)

bears (1-2)

falcons (1-2)

commanders (2-1)

broncos (1-2)

saints (2-1)

giants (1-2)

chiefs (3-0)

bucs (2-1)

cowboys (1-2)

cards (1-2)

Healthy respect for most of these teams. With Dalton playing I'm confident we can beat the Bears. Their offensive line is bad bad bad and Caleb is struggling. All of the other teams on this list have at least one big threat who can take over games (Commanders, Broncos, Giants, Cards), or are well-rounded teams (Chiefs, Saints, Boys, Bucs, Falcons)

Edited by PantherGuy

We've won one game.

They are all scary from here, at least from where we are looking right now.

Ask me again after the Bengals game and I might be a bit braver.

Right now I've still got that thrilling feeling of getting off of a roller coaster and I'm still alive. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

No idea how good we really are. If Dalton keeps this high level of play up all year, we could be looking at a good run through these teams.

But that's contingent on him not succumbing to the wear and tear of the regular season and the eventual tape that will be on him.

The defense is also a question mark. They did fine against the Raiders, but how they perform against a team with decent QB play (Minshew was beyond awful and looked Bryce Young-esque for the most part) continuing on remains to be seen.

Again, I'm already beyond satisfied seeing that Canales has an offensive system that works with a QB who can provide minimum average play so how we end up this season is just gravy.