• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young for Trevor Lawrence

I like the idea. Yes the contract is huge. But they're only gonna get bigger. Lawrence is struggling, but I think he can get back to the way he was his 2nd year. He's got the size, athleticism and arm. Seems to stay healthy. Still only 24 years old. Probably more suited to Canales' style.

It's over 40 million per year for Jones. We need to look for a better Daniel Jones that didn't earn the fat second deal, or a rookie deal washout that has the tools and is cheap. 

Like Bryce will be, but with actual tools outside of his head. 

11 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

I've watched them. Their offensive line is terrible. Their running backs, outside of Etienne, are terrible. Their number one receiver is Christian Kirk and their number two is Gabe Davis who was strictly a go ball guy in Buffalo, and Buffalo letting him walk should be all you need to know.

He was under duress all night and when they came out in the 2nd half, he looked like a new player. That tells me a few things, not least of which is that their coaching staff sucks and that Pederson was fired from Philly so soon after winning a Super Bowl for a reason.

I'd trade for Lawrence and his contract. Bryce isn't turning into a star and we ideally would play well enough to not be drafting first in 2025, otherwise Bryce would still be starting. 

Suffice it to say I watch a lot of football, from Division 2, FCS, FBS, CFL, XFL, NFL and even Premier League and La Liga; my life and entertainment are and have been from the age of about 7, sports. Believe me when I say that Trevor Lawrence is not the problem in Jacksonville. 

Give me Lawrence in this system with Dave Canales and at least three seasons, he will be great. 

So they didn't draft Brian Thomas? The OL is underwhelming but it's still not a bottom 10 unit in the league. It's functional enough to perform.

I have seen multiple seasons of Lawrence not being great. His peak has been slightly above average starter quality. 

The truth is....he is a bust. Not a bust to the extent that he isn't going to likely continue to be a starting caliber QB or priority backup for a long time but he isn't remotely close to a generational player. He's much more Ryan Tannehill than he is Patrick Mahomes. Nothing wrong with that, minus the "generational talent" label.

• Beer 1