• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young for Trevor Lawrence

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I would consider that trade provided this time Caleb rides the pine to watch for a bit.

Caleb might be salvageable or even good. Bryce is neither.

I would rather just move on and draft our own rejects/projects. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I have no desire to watch him MAYBE ascend to league averagish for top of the positon pay.

That's nuts. Only a blind fool or a Clemson homer would want that.

I am an App State homer, and I would like for us to draft Joey Aguilar in the 4th or 5th round next year.

I don't care for Clemson, I don't watch Clemson, and yeah, I just don't care. Lawrence has the ability to be a Top 8 QB, if not better. The Jaguars suck. Their coaching staff and executive suites staff suck. The offensive line is horrendous and the receiver corp is iffy, at best.

Their best offensive player outside of Lawrence is Etienne and, well, running backs don't very much matter do they?

9 minutes ago, strato said:

I fell in love with Evan Engram that day. 

That is too much money for a reclamation. Just far too expensive.

He's hardly a "reclamation". He's what, 25? QB's play now until they are 40. He may as well be a rookie in all but cash.

Now Deshaun Watson, that's a reclamation. 

2 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

He's hardly a "reclamation". He's what, 25? QB's play now until they are 40. He may as well be a rookie in all but cash.

Now Deshaun Watson, that's a reclamation. 

Reclamation... Baker. What's his age? edit: 29. I guess Lawrence is a year or two younger than I thought but it is really about former highly draft player that disappointed and lost the big opportunities.

Edited by strato

Just now, HardcoreHokie said:

I posted this as a joke and some folks apparently think it’s realistic. Lol.

It's a thought experiment, and it's worth it. If you could trade Bryce for Lawrence, straight up, would you do it? The answer is unevuivocally yes.

One is a lost cause who will never make it, the other is someone that actually led his team to a playoff win and very nearly beat the Chiefs the next week. So yes, give me Lawrence in your scenario. 

• Pie 1