• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young for Trevor Lawrence

1 minute ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

And there are fans that want to pass up drafting a QB until one of these "generational" guys comes around lol

Maybe add "top 3" or just high, up top. I want to draft one.

I want to draft however many it takes year to year until one hits. It's like a crap shoot might take a few rolls. 

I am thinking with a guy who QBs like, he helps them, the retread rehab is a really good way to buy time to find that guy that gets overlooked in the draft a little.

Hard pass.

He was talking about life after football before he was even drafted and he looks like he can't be bothered out there while his team is getting blown out.

Also worth mentioning when the Jags whooped us last season he didn't even play.

2 hours ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Straight-up.

Trevor Lawrence is light years ahead of Bryce. The Jaguars have invested nothing in the offensive line, they have no receivers, and they have a running back everyone loves that would be the 2nd or 3rd option on a lot of teams.

Give them Bryce and next years 2nd rounder, I don't care. 

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

If we trade for Lawrence this franchise officially becomes dead to me.

What on earth is wrong with you people?

That dude sucks! On top of it he has a crazy contract. Stop living in the past off his Clemson days. Dude is garbage.

He isn't garbage but he is below average. Why would we want that price tag for that?

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, frankw said:

Hard pass.

He was talking about life after football before he was even drafted and he looks like he can't be bothered out there while his team is getting blown out.

Also worth mentioning when the Jags whooped us last season he didn't even play.

The Jaguars are a bad team. Lawrence is not the issue there and anyone with two eyes and a brain that consumes a lot of football can see that. He rarely has time to throw and when he does his receivers can't get off of coverage. He may have an overthrow or two but that's nothing that can't be corrected.

Look at what Canales did with Geno Smith and Baker.

If we had an opportunity to get Lawrence without giving up a ton, you would be dumb not to go get him. He's been stuck in the hell hole that is known as Jacksonville. He has won a playoff game in that place, after being down 27-0 no less. You don't do that if you aren't a fully capable player.

Also, the Bills are just on another level right now. 

2 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Trevor Lawrence is light years ahead of Bryce. The Jaguars have invested nothing in the offensive line, they have no receivers, and they have a running back everyone loves that would be the 2nd or 3rd option on a lot of teams.

Give them Bryce and next years 2nd rounder, I don't care. 

This is completely untrue. They have invested in their OL, they have talent at WR and they have good RB's.

Lawrence is a large portion of their struggles.

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

He isn't garbage but he is below average. Why would we want that price tag for that?

Give me Lawrence with Canales. Trade two seconds and Bryce to them. No players, no 1st round. Canales with Lawrence and a competent front office could have us set-up for a Division run in 2025.

1 minute ago, CPcavedweller said:

Give me Lawrence with Canales. Trade two seconds and Bryce to them. No players, no 1st round. Canales with Lawrence and a competent front office could have us set-up for a Division run in 2025.

I have no desire to watch him MAYBE ascend to league averagish for top of the positon pay.

That's nuts. Only a blind fool or a Clemson homer would want that.

Edited by kungfoodude

Just now, kungfoodude said:

This is completely untrue. They have invested in their OL, they have talent at WR and they have good RB's.

Lawrence is a large portion of their struggles.

I've watched them. Their offensive line is terrible. Their running backs, outside of Etienne, are terrible. Their number one receiver is Christian Kirk and their number two is Gabe Davis who was strictly a go ball guy in Buffalo, and Buffalo letting him walk should be all you need to know.

He was under duress all night and when they came out in the 2nd half, he looked like a new player. That tells me a few things, not least of which is that their coaching staff sucks and that Pederson was fired from Philly so soon after winning a Super Bowl for a reason.

I'd trade for Lawrence and his contract. Bryce isn't turning into a star and we ideally would play well enough to not be drafting first in 2025, otherwise Bryce would still be starting. 

Suffice it to say I watch a lot of football, from Division 2, FCS, FBS, CFL, XFL, NFL and even Premier League and La Liga; my life and entertainment are and have been from the age of about 7, sports. Believe me when I say that Trevor Lawrence is not the problem in Jacksonville. 

Give me Lawrence in this system with Dave Canales and at least three seasons, he will be great. 

6 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

He has won a playoff game in that place, after being down 27-0 no less. You don't do that if you aren't a fully capable player.

I fell in love with Evan Engram that day. 

That is too much money for a reclamation. Just far too expensive.