• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week 4 Power Rankings

PanthersATL

29 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I'm not ready to go there just yet but it brings me much happiness to see a post like this on the board.

I think this is fair and may create new schemes as a result.  I still think Andy is a better alternative than BY though as the 18 games of film on him suggests his playbook is limited to mostly checkdowns of 5 yards or less.  Atleast for Andy they need to prepare and we can make in game adjustments. 

I think if Dalton executes at 80-85% just grabbing a number, we are around a .500 team. (17 games of dalton)

This is what we needed to see what kind of coach Canales can be. There is surely more that hasn't been put in. We'll see how deep his (well is). I still hold that you can't judge him to not have learned from last season, nor can you be sure he had free rein. He was inside of parameters defined by his boss and his personnel. 

This is HIS baby. There will be more than what people saw last year. It's probably going to show us what we have in a coach as much as the players. 

Edited by strato

35 minutes ago, strato said:

This is what we needed to see what kind of coach Canales can be. 

This is HIS baby. There will be more than what people saw last year. It's probably going to show us what we have in a coach 

the Luke interview this week gave a lot of insights into what Players likely think about Canales
(plus, it's Luke so it's a good watch too)

2 hours ago, strato said:

I think Bengals could. They had a bad game and scored 33 points and the week before lost by a point to KC which, I didn't watch how it got to 26-25 but they must have been in it. 

Also, we will be missing Thielen's sneaky availability on 3rd down. And as TD from last week. ( i know you said last week, but we'll probably have to do that again).

The Bengal's have the worst pass defense in the NFL. They have the worst pass defense because they can't stop the run.

If Canales is smart, he will run clock all game long. Be efficient with your drives on offense, force stops on defense, and minimize possessions. The only way the Bengals win is if you give them more possessions than you should. In this game, our offense is the best defense. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

The Bengal's have the worst pass defense in the NFL. They have the worst pass defense because they can't stop the run.

If Canales is smart, he will run clock all game long. Be efficient with your drives on offense, force stops on defense, and minimize possessions. The only way the Bengals win is if you give them more possessions than you should. In this game, our offense is the best defense. 

It's going to have to be. They can score. 

edit: seeing the Panthers O not miss a beat replacing AT, that would be real helpful. And cool. 

Edited by strato

1 hour ago, strato said:

It's going to have to be. They can score. 

edit: seeing the Panthers O not miss a beat replacing AT, that would be real helpful. And cool. 

Without Thielen its more field goals than TDs. Look at the 2nd half scoring per quarter compared to the 1st half. These rookies have to step up.

• Beer 1

Brown being out for the year is a major bummer. Better running teams are going to keep us off the field. If Brown was still here I'd be a lot more optimistic about the playoffs. I do think our offense is better than half the league, Canales knows what he's doing. Guys were open and blocking all three games