• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week 4 Power Rankings

PanthersATL

The NYTimes has us at #25, ahead of the Bears, Dolphins, Broncos, Giants, Browns, Titans, and Jags

ESPN and SI has us at #31, ahead of Titans

USAToday has us at #23, ahead of Bengals, Raiders, Bears, Giants, Browns, Dolphins, Patriots, Titans, and Jags

=-=-

Our upcoming schedule? Games that suddenly look a lot more interesting if we can keep the momentum. As Rich Eisen said yesterday: that Munich game no longer looks to be as dead a watch as it felt over the summer

• Bengals
  • Bears
  • Falcons
  • Washington
  • Broncos
  • Saints
  • Giants

• Pie 4

So we're still below the Raiders? I think not.

I just want competitive games. Stay in the fight and make it interesting to watch. I don't think Dalton can keep playing at the level of the Raiders game, he'd be league MVP and we'd win the SB, but if he can give us like 80% of that going forward, then we can have a good season. 

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

48 minutes ago, NAS said:

I hope we're disrespected for as long as possible, stay under the radar.

That radar stuff, we are well under with Bryce. Like, I don't think they will miss that little red headed blip out there closing fast on respectability.

3 hours ago, PanthersATL said:

The NYTimes has us at #25, ahead of the Bears, Dolphins, Broncos, Giants, Browns, Titans, and Jags

ESPN and SI has us at #31, ahead of Titans

USAToday has us at #23, ahead of Bengals, Raiders, Bears, Giants, Browns, Dolphins, Patriots, Titans, and Jags

=-=-

Our upcoming schedule? Games that suddenly look a lot more interesting if we can keep the momentum. As Rich Eisen said yesterday: that Munich game no longer looks to be as dead a watch as it felt over the summer

• Bengals
  • Bears
  • Falcons
  • Washington
  • Broncos
  • Saints
  • Giants

Not saying we will at all. We are the Panthers after all.

But, I don't see a team on that list that could beat what the Panthers did on Sunday against the Raiders, except maybe the Saints. 

Ofcourse, I don't expect that every Sunday either.

19 minutes ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

Not saying we will at all. We are the Panthers after all.

But, I don't see a team on that list that could beat what the Panthers did on Sunday against the Raiders, except maybe the Saints. 

Ofcourse, I don't expect that every Sunday either.

I think Bengals could. They had a bad game and scored 33 points and the week before lost by a point to KC which, I didn't watch how it got to 26-25 but they must have been in it. 

Also, we will be missing Thielen's sneaky availability on 3rd down. And as TD from last week. ( i know you said last week, but we'll probably have to do that again).

Edited by strato

Honestly, even if we end up finishing with 4-5 wins I see that as a success if some of our young players show real progress (Ickey, XL, Brooks, and Sanders especially) and we can put together a solid foundation for whoever our QB of the future ends up being.

That said, I think it's entirely possible we sneak into the playoffs if Dalton plays even at an average level, especially if Jonathon Brooks can come in and give us a spark in the run game mid-season. Not that Chuba is playing poorly, but that's a potentially deadly 1-2 punch with him and Brooks.

5 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

I can see us finishing 10-7 or 9-8.

I'm not ready to go there just yet but it brings me much happiness to see a post like this on the board.

3 minutes ago, Green-Ghost said:

There is a lot of truth to this.  I also keep in mind that the other teams will start studying film on how to compete against Andy Dalton.

I think this is fair and may create new schemes as a result.  I still think Andy is a better alternative than BY though as the 18 games of film on him suggests his playbook is limited to mostly checkdowns of 5 yards or less.  Atleast for Andy they need to prepare and we can make in game adjustments.