• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jayden Daniels

NAS

13 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

At this rate, unless Daniels can flip a switch in his head and completely change his running style, he won't be their starting QB 5 years from now.  It has nothing to do with him not being good, as he clearly has a very high ceiling, but he just can't get sliding into his head properly, and at some point, if he can't change that, he's going to get hurt.

He has RG3 and Tua written all over him, and while he may get away with it 95% of the time, all it takes is that 5% to rear it's ugly head and take a hit or two that he shouldn't have, and it's all downhill for him from there.

If he was built like a Cam, Allen, Richardson, then it would be different, but he's not, he looks like a very similar body type to RG3, and we've seen that doesn't hold up in this league over time if you can't properly slide when you're supposed to.

It's still early and he very well could change, but if he doesn't, he's in trouble

Maybes its me I didn't see him take a bunch of unnecessary hard hits. He got rocked throwing a dime but thats football. When I watch Lamar I see a guy getting rocked. And people have been talking like your post about Lamar through several MVPs.

41 minutes ago, Deltek44 said:

Maybes its me I didn't see him take a bunch of unnecessary hard hits. He got rocked throwing a dime but thats football. When I watch Lamar I see a guy getting rocked. And people have been talking like your post about Lamar through several MVPs.

If you want to see a guy taking career shortening hits, watch Anthony Richardson. That guy gets DESTROYED at least once a game, often more.

As a result, he has already had one concussion and a season ending injury. 

THAT is the classic example of a guy that has drastically too little awareness of avoiding punishment.

• Beer 1