• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jayden Daniels

NAS

1 minute ago, Lemory said:

I gotta say, i didnt think Jayden Daniels would be that good in the NFL but hes proved me wrong thus far.

It's early, not much tape on him so far so he's still a wildcard/unknown. Hell look a CJ Stroud, he's getting a little taste of the second year struggles and isn't looking like he was last season. Give it time. He did ball out last night though. 

• Beer 1

34 minutes ago, NAS said:

Probably a leading rookie of the year candidate.  This is the kind of quarterback we could have drafted if we didn't make a hasty trade last year.   Fits the prototype like CJ Stroud

• 6'4", 210 lbs
  • Can sling it deep and not afraid to do so
  • Very accurate, 80% completion pct
  • Plays fast and confident, doesnt' hold on to the ball too long

I'm jealous, why is it so hard for some franchises to make the right pick?  It was also obvious to me he's the better player, a more pro ready player than Caleb Williams ever was.   Washington did well and they're set for a decade to compete in the NFC

He still has a lot to learn, but what he did last night was extremely impressive. 

I’m getting RG3 vibes. Obviously they aren’t running read option with him but he is very slim to be taking the hits he is going to take. Great player who can hopefully stay healthy. 

However, do you want to know what the indicator of success is? Look at Nix and look at Daniels. Both started at least 50 games in college. Football is second nature because of the experience that they have, and the systems they played in. 

Again, Bryce’s positive attributes weren’t what he did at Alabama. He didn’t play from the pocket, he didn’t make multiple reads from the pocket, and he certainly had few protection calls and audibles to call. He is trying to do at Carolina what he did at Alabama and that’s why things aren’t working. 

On the contrary, Daniels is doing exactly what he did at Arizona State and LSU in Washington. He is making plays from the pocket and also making plays outside when he needs to. He is a pocket passer with 4.4 speed. He is a better version of Lamar Jackson. 

Also, Josh Allen is the best QB in the NFL. Put him with Andy Reid all of these years and I think you’d see similar results to what Mahomes has done there. 

• Pie 3

Just now, Jon Snow said:

It's early, not much tape on him so far so he's still a wildcard/unknown. Hell look a CJ Stroud, he's getting a little taste of the second year struggles and isn't looking like he was last season. Give it time. He did ball out last night though. 

Stroud looks fine. They ran into the buzz saw that is the Minnesota Vikings but aside from that, they’ve been great. 

The context to add here is that Cincinnati has the worst pass defense in the NFL going back to last season. 

Before he made the decision to return to LSU last year:

That's me, may not be popular but totally think he could be a first rounder.  Has too many tools to pass on from my view.  He had a phenomenal year and has as much upside as AR but is miles more refined as a passer.  Had some great wins, tight throws, accurate, NFL arm, and is a madman on his feet.  He beefed up from 185 to around 200 this year, so has conditioned himself into quite the ideal size.  I think he's the total package AZ State fans thought he could become.  

After Young & Stroud, my rankings are pretty different than others.  

For me, Jayden Daniels is being crazy slept on.  Chad Reuter and a few other reporters have alluded to teams around the league being high on him and he's flying under the radar.  

21 years old

6'3 200

Throws a laser, tight spiral, quick release.  There is no question, he has an NFL level arm.  Would probably be top-12-15ish in arm strength.  

Has gotten more accurate as the year has progressed

And man, does that boy have fire in his legs

2,377 yards, 26 TDs, 2 INTs, wins big games, 911 rushing yards, 70% completion, 104.8 pro passer rating

@Tepper get at me lol 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Stroud looks fine. They ran into the buzz saw that is the Minnesota Vikings but aside from that, they’ve been great. 

The context to add here is that Cincinnati has the worst pass defense in the NFL going back to last season. 

CJ started talking a little too much, needs to stay humble, but he'll be just fine.  Sophomore slump is real

he's balling out and their schedule is a joke. His release is so quick, and he looks so springy out there. He's gotta be leader in the clubhouse for ROTY.

BUT, how many times have we've seen Kliff Kingsbury's offense and young qb go nuts in the first half of the season and then fall apart? Kliff got fired two seasons ago and immediately flew by himself to Thailand. Unless those ladyboys in Kopanyang taught him how to adjust, let's wait and see how things go once defenses get more tape. There is good evidence that his second half collapses were due in part to Kyler Murray being addicted to Call of Duty (I'm serious about this btw) and falling apart when the new game came out. Hopefully Daniels is more of a minecraft kinda guy.

And Daniels was taking some kill shots last night. He's not going to survive running the RPO and they need to get that out of the offense. Plus, they need to sit his ass down all week and tell him he cannot lean into hits in the NFL. Be a competitor, team loves it, but he is not a big guy.

Plus, how many throws were to a wide open 33 year old Zach Ertz stumbling across the middle of the field? The bengals looked absolutely awful on defense last night. they let all their good players walk in the offseason. They looked like they were playing prevent, like they had no idea how to defend Kingsbury's offense. We'll get a better idea next week obviously.

Anyway, fun kid to watch, great game, fun throws, def leader for roty, but i'm just concerned for his health as well as the history of Kingsbury qbs and offenses.

Edited by electro's horse
  • The D 1

2 minutes ago, NAS said:

CJ started talking a little too much, needs to stay humble, but he'll be just fine.  Sophomore slump is real

I think Stroud looks fine. The whole team played like ass against Minnesota but his first two games were just what you’d expect from him. 

54 minutes ago, Camp Fodder said:

Funny how the number 2 QB  taken in the last two years was the better QB

I think some of these GM’s feel pressured to take the guy the media pushes as a can’t miss prospect 

Caleb Williams and Bryce both had red flags coming out but the media ignored those and claimed Caleb was a generational talent

Imagine passing on one of these guys and the media actually turns out to be right for once. You’re toast. Poles and Fitterer can at least say they took the guy the majority of teams would’ve taken first 

24 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Imagine passing on one of these guys and the media actually turns out to be right for once. You’re toast. Poles and Fitterer can at least say they took the guy the majority of teams would’ve taken first 

And one is fired, and the other will probably be fired soon lol

Edited by PNW_PantherMan

1 hour ago, NAS said:

Probably a leading rookie of the year candidate.  This is the kind of quarterback we could have drafted if we didn't make a hasty trade last year.   Fits the prototype like CJ Stroud

• 6'4", 210 lbs
  • Can sling it deep and not afraid to do so
  • Very accurate, 80% completion pct
  • Plays fast and confident, doesnt' hold on to the ball too long

I'm jealous, why is it so hard for some franchises to make the right pick?  It was also obvious to me he's the better player, a more pro ready player than Caleb Williams ever was.   Washington did well and they're set for a decade to compete in the NFC

He still has a lot to learn, but what he did last night was extremely impressive. 

He has some players over there too. That team looked pretty good and we are going to have a tougher game than I was I was thinking.