• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is Beautiful

Hoenheim

9 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

The problem with last year's line was the interior got destroyed far too often (as in like pushed backwards several yards when pass blocking) and might be the reason that Bryce drops back way too deep for no reason every pass play.

I honestly didn't think Ickey played that terrible last year outside of his penalties. LG was awful and really put pressure on him to guard his guy while trying to help out on inside pass rushes also.

Not arguing the IOL. Will comment that Ickey's run blocking was poo as well which we know that should not be. That was him out there looking like half of what was in 2022. 

The drop backs, slow like that, I think it is so he can see. The jailbreaks didn't give him time to move anywhere and several sacks were because of that slow pitiful excuse for dropping and planting. 

I think it was vision, not there. Afraid to trust his arm, yep that is NFL open Bryce. Throw it. 

• Pie 1

Night and day difference from last year. Still some protection breakdowns but seems more schematic than anything else. Lewis/Hunt are a godsend because to say the interior in 2023 was anything other than a sieve would be a lie. Yes, some sacks were on the QB but you're just setting up for failure when all the pressure is constantly coming right at your face. 

The kinda mediocre run blocking grades (other than Icky) combined with Sanders' poor YPC show how much credit Chuba deserves.  I like that Chuba is clearly the lead back, but Miles is still getting too many snaps for my taste...I'm excited for Brooks to hopefully kick him to the bench.

3 hours ago, HPPantherzfan said:

While this years O-line looks 1000 times better and I’m loving it.  I’m going to stop dogging on last years line.  After researching, Bryce was holding the ball way too long and on top of that he had the same bad habit he had to start this year, he was running into sacks.  I don’t think the o-line, or any player from last year, was as bad as lots of people want to make out they were.  

This.

I'm thinking anything offense starts with Canales, and his people. 

Remember the deal where they brought all the scouts in and met with coaches to set parameters for player evaluation? Seems like I do.

Probably was a really important thing to do. And from what I see in Canales, he sweats the details. So would be able to give them a lot to lean on. Or into.