• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Damn

cookinbrak

All that may be true, but I'm sick of the same old sorry ass takes from former coaches, players, talking heads, etc. If you have nothing new but dog piling on the franchise, then take your candy ass on. Nobody gives a damn about these burnouts crying all the time. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

32 minutes ago, Panthero said:

All that may be true, but I'm sick of the same old sorry ass takes from former coaches, players, talking heads, etc. If you have nothing new but dog piling on the franchise, then take your candy ass on. Nobody gives a damn about these burnouts crying all the time. 

They are all, with a few exceptions, circling the wagons for their own. Panthers blew up a narrative they had all nicely laid out. Deep down, they know the Panthers under Andy have the potential to keep up with anybody point wise in this league. They have to wait for the shot callers to change the narrative before Panthers see better press.

Panthers players and staff are keeping it class's regarding Bryce but the message is clear and everyone with eyes and an IQ over 80 can see the truth. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Johnstonny said:

...'its going to take years to turn this thing around'. No truer words have ever been uttered. Insiders know whats going on, information gets leaked. The guy is a total buffoon and it shows...

I will say that it's easy to criticize when a team is coming off two horrible losses after a horrible season, but, to state the obvious, consistent piss-poor QB play brings the entire organization down. And, Bryce's piss-poor QB play was not just any ol' piss-poor QB play, it was historic piss-poor QB play.

That being said, I think that Tepper is learning some much-needed lessons. He may not be changing as quickly as we'd like, and sometimes change is hardly even discernible, but he's changing. 

10 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I mean, IF Tepper forced the Bryce pick then yea, he deserves to be criticized for it and deserves all the ire he’s gotten. It’s still just a rumor, no matter how many times it’s repeated as if it was a fact. 

It has been proven. I’m of the opinion that the owner, if he is not the GM, has no business attending Pro Days. You pay people tens of millions of dollars to know football, and you’re attending Pro Days to yuck it up with coaches and attend dinners?

We can be fairly certain that Reich and McCown wanted Stroud. The videos following his Pro Day seemed to make that obvious. Then we saw the video of Young’s Pro Day and it was all Tepper. 

Tepper played fan boy and, honestly, I think the whole reason for the trade and why he pushed it so hard was to get Bryce. There was never an option for anyone but Bryce, otherwise the owner would not have effectively given the GM an ultimatum to make the trade happen. The fact the Bears were willing to trade back at all should have been a sign. 

7 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

It has been proven. I’m of the opinion that the owner, if he is not the GM, has no business attending Pro Days. You pay people tens of millions of dollars to know football, and you’re attending Pro Days to yuck it up with coaches and attend dinners?

We can be fairly certain that Reich and McCown wanted Stroud. The videos following his Pro Day seemed to make that obvious. Then we saw the video of Young’s Pro Day and it was all Tepper. 

Tepper played fan boy and, honestly, I think the whole reason for the trade and why he pushed it so hard was to get Bryce. There was never an option for anyone but Bryce, otherwise the owner would not have effectively given the GM an ultimatum to make the trade happen. The fact the Bears were willing to trade back at all should have been a sign. 

They hadn't given up on Fields yet.... and we payed a crazy price.

They also passed up Stroud so this isn't the best point.

Just now, PantherChris said:

They hadn't given up on Fields yet.... and we payed a crazy price.

They also passed up Stroud so this isn't the best point.

If a Caleb Williams or Jayden Daniels were available, they would have given up on him. And that’s the point, none of the QB options were worth drafting to them. 

2 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

If a Caleb Williams or Jayden Daniels were available, they would have given up on him. And that’s the point, none of the QB options were worth drafting to them. 

Your opinion doesn't equal fact I highly doubt you have access to the Bears draft boards.