• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: Adam Thielen injury

1 hour ago, NAS said:

As much as I want to see the young guys develop, we need Thielen. Our passing attack did seem to drop off a little in the second half after his injury.  

Well he is still our best all around WR. Even at his reduced abilities. 

Mingo and XL are utterly incapable of replacing the experience and technical ability that he has.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Well he is still our best all around WR. Even at his reduced abilities. 

Mingo and XL are utterly incapable of replacing the experience and technical ability that he has.

It's his consistency.  Mingo and XL can make some plays but if you want Mr. Reliable it's Thielen.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, NAS said:

As much as I want to see the young guys develop, we need Thielen. Our passing attack did seem to drop off a little in the second half after his injury.  

Looks like I'll be quoting you all day so far. Yes I saw that.

I didn't feel that  it was taking the foot off the gas like someone else said. Naturally they get to adjust at the half and hopefully slow us down too, but no AT was a handicap. 

We'll have the week to get that squared away. 

• Pie 1

To an extent, there are a lot of positives to it. 

I mean,  big picture there isn’t much point in Dalton throwing to Theilen/Johnson.  We need Mingo and XL to have bigger roles and to develop 

• Beer 1

44 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

Oh it wasn't a spat. I was in a rush to get my kid this morning out the door for school and I was fooling with the site and saw his question. I didn't feel like explaining myself how I get that feeling so I just told him I was a carny. Seemed like the most simple answer.

How I know though is working with him personally the past 3 years before anybody knew who he was and watching him grow as a player as well as seeing his insane work ethic day in and day out. Speaking to him a few weeks ago and hanging out at our alma mater during a home game on the sidelines I could see a very motivated young man to prove any skeptics wrong. I'm obviously biased due to our ties to the school and our history together but the guy is going to make a mark eventually and get acclimated day by day and week by week. 

The final judgement is not out on Mingo either. We shall see how he does with a different QB throwing his way. He is far from bust category yet no matter what some others may think already. Development sometimes takes the right situation around a player with the right support even with factoring in a players solid inner drive and work ethic. 

I knew you were joking--so was I.  Keeping it light.  I get the feeling that Mingo is at the crossroads.  I think he is starting to gain confidence.  Everyone was worried about Bryce's confidence, but XL was depressed about not getting targets, Mingo was getting checkdown passes at best--the OL loses confidence when Bryce can't make up his mind and gets sacked--these people understand that stats are what their agents use in negotiations--and Bryce was making his teammate unemployable.

12 minutes ago, CRA said:

To an extent, there are a lot of positives to it. 

I mean,  big picture there isn’t much point in Dalton throwing to Theilen/Johnson.  We need Mingo and XL to have bigger roles and to develop 

We are going to have to get another Diontae I guess. He adds so much. The speed and quickness elements, money. 

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I knew you were joking--so was I.  Keeping it light.  I get the feeling that Mingo is at the crossroads.  I think he is starting to gain confidence.  Everyone was worried about Bryce's confidence, but XL was depressed about not getting targets, Mingo was getting checkdown passes at best--the OL loses confidence when Bryce can't make up his mind and gets sacked--these people understand that stats are what their agents use in negotiations--and Bryce was making his teammate unemployable.

I can't even fathom playing with Bryce as my QB anywhere on the offensive side of the ball. If my second contract depended on Bryce's leadership (Please take that C off his jersey because he has never earned it) and abilities, I would be requesting a trade ASAP so I can't blame anyone who grew quickly frustrated with his lack of NFL level QB abilities. That is the worst QB'ing I have ever seen personally. It made Clausen's skills look decent. I feel bad for him to a degree but at the same time football is a business and if someone cant hack it and puts the rest of the team at risk for second contracts and throwing hospital balls when he throws over 10 yards then its time to get him off the field and let someone with a mentality to be a QB at that level do it.

• Pie 2

I never heard about comments by Thielen's wife (?). 

Are they like Thomas Brown's wife's comments?

BigHank88's wife's comments? Defending her man against the message board. Was that here or on the older board? Been a long time ago. 

16 minutes ago, strato said:

I never heard about comments by Thielen's wife (?). 

Are they like Thomas Brown's wife's comments?

BigHank88's wife's comments? Defending her man against the message board. Was that here or on the older board? Been a long time ago. 

She talked bad about Tim Walz

4 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

We aren’t winning the Super Bowl this year

Jeez, 1 win and some of you completely change course. Tepper is the same way 

I didn't change course.    The number one goal of a coach is to win football games.  If it's this early in the season, and a coach is not putting the team on the field that gives him the best chance to win, then that coach will not last long in the NFL.  This is not just with our owner, its with any owner, fanbase, team etc...  The Lockeroom doesn't care about developing some rookie, they care about the coach giving them a shot to win.  You want a guy like Johnson to want to come back, the coach has to care about winning.  

The development comes in practice, in watching how the veterans do it, in working your way up.  And when an injury occurs, making the most of it.  Throwing guys out there who aren't ready, just for "development" is likely to lead to the unemployment line.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II