• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers more than year late paying police

Carolina Panthers owner David Tepper’s company was more than a year late paying for off duty officers conducting NFL gameday traffic. The payments were only made to the city of Charlotte after WBTV started investigating.

Public records obtained by WBTV show the city was trying to collect more than $223,000 in late payments from Panthers Stadium, LLC. The only listed member for the company on state business records is David Tepper. The first invoice for $74,534 was sent March 1, 2023 for the 2022 season. The second invoice for $147,597 for the 2023 season was sent January 26, 2024.

More at the source

I am not a Tepper fan, but I find it very hard to believe that Tepper had any visibility to this.  These invoice issues happen all the time with large companies and I bet the city was just as negligent.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Then there is zero hope for the team.

I would counter with there is hope he stumbles into a good hire and recognizes it. 

Pretty sure some people are getting fired over this police invoice thing. Next. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, strato said:

I would counter with there is hope he stumbles into a good hire and recognizes it. 

Pretty sure some people are getting fired over this police invoice thing. Next. 

Disagree. If he can't even hire good basic office staff, how the heck is he going to hire a good coach and GM or recognize them if he does accidentally hire them?