• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chuba Hubbard appreciation thread

TN05

Easy to get lost in Dalton's 3 TD, 300 yard day, but Chuba had what is almost certainly the best game of his career so far:

26 touches, 169 total yards, 1 TD

He was a threat both in the ground and in the receiving game. Hubbard is definitely establishing himself as just a really good player. Definitely one of the brightest spots held over from the Rhule era.

• Pie 3

Solid player. I hope they ground game continutes to progress. It's a huge pressure releiver when you don't have 1 of like maybe 3  QBs who can carry everything.

With Bryce, no team was remotely concerened with the pass and could focus everthing within 15 yards of the LOS

Edited by csx

Chuba is the best, and perhaps only, real example that comes to mind when looking for a player from recent years who has truly and demonstrably developed during their time in Carolina. There may be others but his year-over-year improvement has been notable each season. Kudos to him for putting in that kind of work.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Chuba lacks the top end speed to be truly dynamic but literally everything else about his game is fantastic at this point... 

The difference between his rookie year and now is night and day....

Tough hard nosed runner who is more slippery than you think good hands good vision good blocker.

Chuba's career arc here has been awesome, went from a raw rookie that nobody really like (because of Rhule's wife lol), put his head down and worked so hard on his craft he became a fan favorite. One of the better stories of the Tepper era. 

I actually came here planning to start a Chuba thread for this very reason. Let's take a moment to appreciate the player that man has become. Do y'all remember when he couldn't catch a pass???

• Running back Chuba Hubbard finished with 114 rushing yards, his most since Week 15 of the 2022 season, when he had 125 yards in a win over the Detroit Lions.
  • Hubbard added 55 receiving yards, to finish with 169 scrimmage yards, making it the best all-purpose performance of his NFL career.
Edited by Panthers Rhule

49 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Chuba is the best, and perhaps only, real example that comes to mind when looking for a player from recent years who has truly and demonstrably developed during their time in Carolina. There may be others but his year-over-year improvement has been notable each season. Kudos to him for putting in that kind of work.

For at least the past two seasons, Chuba and Tremble would stay on the field after every practice (I think they still do) catching balls from the JUGS machine.  And their hands have turned from a weakness into a strength.  Crazy how that works...!  I'm still optimistic about Tremble too; I think at the very least he can be a solid #2 TE, which seems to be an important position in Canales' offense.