• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Robert Hunt is worth every penny!

NAS

55 minutes ago, shaq said:

National Media clowned us for our investment in the interior oline. Fug them, we’re a top ten oline in the league due to our investment.

Top *1* after yesterday’s game. In pass protection at least, I haven’t seen overall ranking, but they allowed four total pressures again yesterday and weren’t credited with a sack. I remember one was on Jatavion, I don’t remember who the others were on. 

The offensive line is the biggest surprise for me this year.  I figured signing two guards wasn't going to move the needle much if we didn't have a center and Icky couldn't play.  But they are absolutely pushing people around in the run game, and doing a great job in pass protection as well.  Austin Corbett looks pretty good, but it makes me wonder if being sandwiched between 2 good guards is helping as well.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

The offensive line is the biggest surprise for me this year.  I figured signing two guards wasn't going to move the needle much if we didn't have a center and Icky couldn't play.  But they are absolutely pushing people around in the run game, and doing a great job in pass protection as well.  Austin Corbett looks pretty good, but it makes me wonder if being sandwiched between 2 good guards is helping as well.

We had the perfect storm last year to screw up Bryce for good.  When Christensen and then Corbett went down, teams started stunting and blitzing through A gap.  Bryce could not read it and check down, etc.  He was bait.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

18 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

We had the perfect storm last year to screw up Bryce for good.  When Christensen and then Corbett went down, teams started stunting and blitzing through A gap.  Bryce could not read it and check down, etc.  He was bait.

Yep. I think they ruined Bryce's confidence. But you can't carry that ish into the next season. Gotta be mentally tougher than that. Andy made maybe 1 pass that Bryce can't make. But he made a dozen throws that Bryce just wouldn't take (attempt).

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Navy_football said:

Yep. I think they ruined Bryce's confidence. But you can't carry that ish into the next season. Gotta be mentally tougher than that. Andy made maybe 1 pass that Bryce can't make. But he made a dozen throws that Bryce just wouldn't take (attempt).

I don't think Bryce has NFL tools, so it's a moot point anyways.  But I think his regression this year is due to being overly concerned with the pass rush.  I can't remember which analyst mentioned it, but they said his eyes are going down way too fast this year.  That's a death knell for a QB's confidence.

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I don't think Bryce has NFL tools, so it's a moot point anyways.  But I think his regression this year is due to being overly concerned with the pass rush.  I can't remember which analyst mentioned it, but they said his eyes are going down way too fast this year.  That's a death knell for a QB's confidence.

Bryce doesn't have the tools to propel a squad like last season. But this team is completely different. Actually see more new names than old ones. Bryce's regression has been 100% mental. Unfortunately that was supposedly his calling card - being smart and mentally strong.