• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I’m starting to wonder if there’s a reason Plummer got all the preseason reps…

Here is what bothers me--had we done this in the right order--build the OL and bring in offensive weapons--Darnold might still be here.  Mayfield might still be here.  Heck, Bridgewater....

Point is, the QB is the last piece of the offensive you add. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Here is what bothers me--had we done this in the right order--build the OL and bring in offensive weapons--Darnold might still be here.  Mayfield might still be here.  Heck, Bridgewater....

All bad teams think they are a qb away. A large majority of them are expecting 1 player to be the entire offense and it just doesn't work like that. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Jon Snow said:

All bad teams think they are a qb away. A large majority of them are expecting 1 player to be the entire offense and it just doesn't work like that. 

We are at least an entire defense away now lol.  They played hard, but I think the skill differential will be more glaring in future games.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

We are at least an entire defense away now lol.  They played hard, but I think the skill differential will be more glaring in future games.

yeah our front 7 can use some work for sure. our secondary gets beat at times but they also "make up" for those errors by making good plays. I don't know if Evero is better being in the booth but since he's been on the sideline the defense has looked different. 

1 hour ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

I would take Zappe as a back up to Dalton. Especially if we keep running the ball well. 

I think if something happens to Andy they will either go get Wilson or sign Tannehill though. especially if the plan is to stay competitive through the season.

I think its brutally honest at this point that to effectively execute Canalas offense you need a really strong arm to push the ball and zappe (and bryce for that matter) aint it

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Plummer wasnt as bad yall say. But opinions are opinions I guess. 

He's bad man.  I don't know why some are getting caught up in some throws he made late in the last preseason game.  He looked like absolute dog poo until he was playing with people that weren't gonna be in the NFL in a week.  He came in after Bryce and couldn't do anything until anyone who could sniff an NFL roster spot left the game.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Not defending him but Fitterer thought he did and he claimed as so much in the presser post-trade up. They brought in defense under Rhule initially, then built up the offense (terribly)…

He thought Icky, Brady, Bozeman, Corbett, & Moton were the line, and that they performed well down the stretch for Wilks.

He thought poorly though, but that was the assumption and why going into the 2023 draft, talking heads thought we were the better situation than Houston. But our lovely trade up gave away DJ, Bozeman fell apart, Brady got injured, Icky regressed.

Plenty thought our OL going into Reich’s year was in a good spot and had been built. 

1 hour ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

He's bad man.  I don't know why some are getting caught up in some throws he made late in the last preseason game.  He looked like absolute dog poo until he was playing with people that weren't gonna be in the NFL in a week.  He came in after Bryce and couldn't do anything until anyone who could sniff an NFL roster spot left the game.

Well, he looked a million times better at the end of the preseason than the start of the preseason.  Isn't that the kind of progression we're looking for in a developmental QB3?  Certainly better than a QB who looked progressively worse in each preseason game, like Joe Milton who has been mentioned a bit in here.  Regardless of the level of competition he faced, he looked a lot more comfortable navigating the pocket and evading pass rushers, and was able to make some accurate deep throws which are fundamental skills that will translate.

Obviously it's a huge long shot that he'll amount to anything in the league, but his progression IMO has been more encouraging than discouraging so I don't feel particularly strongly about replacing him at this point.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, SOJA said:

My conspiracy theory I posted about in June was that I think they have been planning on moving away from Bryce all offseason. 

I think much like reich, that when Dave saw him up close and personal he knew the inevitable was on the table and it was only a matter of time before young got the hook.  And through 2 games his concerns were warranted and he had to adjust on the fly.  And I am sure morgan and tepper were both made aware of it.  You cannot win with bryces skill set.

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I think much like reich, that when Dave saw him up close and personal he knew the inevitable was on the table and it was only a matter of time before young got the hook.  And through 2 games his concerns were warranted and he had to adjust on the fly.  And I am sure morgan and tepper were both made aware of it.  You cannot win with bryces skill set.

Yeah I mean what Bryce ended up doing in games should have been without a doubt noticeable at practice for coaches and players alike.  They know what a good or at least average QB looks like, much like Reich, Campbell and McNown did.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Yeah I mean what Bryce ended up doing in games should have been without a doubt noticeable at practice for coaches and players alike.  They know what a good or at least average QB looks like, much like Reich, Campbell and McNown did.

On 8/14/2024 at 2:42 PM, *FreeFua* said:

Go watch 7’s and the difference between Young and Dalton’s decision making time. Night and day difference 

August 14th it was damn sure noticeable for me