• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I’m starting to wonder if there’s a reason Plummer got all the preseason reps…

Starting to wonder if he knew we were going to have a situation where Andy was the starter and Bryce couldn’t be a credible backup. And to be clear, Bryce is not. Bryce very clearly cannot run the offense. 

Canales could have told Tepper anything he wanted to hear knowing he was going to bench Bryce the first second he could. Canales is a confessed “recovering narcissist,” and Tepper is clearly a mark.

he would have known that Dalton can run any offense you throw at him. It’s not just about physical tools, and of course Andy is on the backside of his career, but knowledge of concepts and coverages and protections. Everyone in the NFL is basically running the same stuff. Bryce clearly does not understand any of these things. 

Canales could have known that Bryce didn’t have the deep ball necessary to make any nfl offense work. And we saw in the first two weeks the saints played cover zero and blitzed every down. We saw the chargers play a tight cover four that Bryce couldn’t do anything with. 

Canales could have prayed to god for guidance. He might have felt guilt about misleading David tepper. He could have prostrated himself like Elijah and asked forgiveness and advice. And god could have appeared to him in human form.

God could have taken his head in his hands and said “dude don’t worry about it Bryce fuging sucks lol.” And Dave would have been like “lmao.”

anyway yeah this is another cut Bryce thread and I’ve earned the right to keep making them blow me. Off the team by Wednesday. 

• Pie 6

8 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Yeah Plumber was the guy they brought in that wouldn't hurt Bryce's feelings. We can and should do better because he is a PS guy and not a #2.

Basically everybody's #3 looked better than us.  The Patriots had an upgrade for us at #3 and #4.  Bailey Zappe stinks and he has a noodle arm, but he's better than Plummer.

• Beer 1

Since we are going there. I have a conspiracy theory. 

Last Preseason, Dalton had an "injury" and only played like 1 or 2 drives. The rest was all Corral and Luton with some Bryce. 

Same thing this year, it was all Plummer, some Luton, and 1 drive of Bryce. 

I think Dalton has intentionally not been given much exposure to hide how bad Bryce actually is. 

But you mention week 3 last year against Seattle? I think that was either unplanned (Bryce was actually hurt) or it was an attempt by Reich to give Bryce a chance to get his bearings together and it backfired because Dalton ran the offense well. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

27 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Basically everybody's #3 looked better than us.  The Patriots had an upgrade for us at #3 and #4.  Bailey Zappe stinks and he has a noodle arm, but he's better than Plummer.

I would take Zappe as a back up to Dalton. Especially if we keep running the ball well. 

I think if something happens to Andy they will either go get Wilson or sign Tannehill though. especially if the plan is to stay competitive through the season.

• Pie 1

49 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

Canales knew from the start that Bryce was garbage. He told Tepper that he would do his best to make him a viable NFL QB knowing that he would bench him ASAP. He's not dumb, he has seen and coached high level QBs for years.

Basically my take too. There is no way a real NFL guy can buy into what Bryce offers, if they do they're going down with the ship. 

I think this happened mostly after he got in and assessed his position. He saw the path out of the dilemma. 

A big selling point for me was I liked what I heard from him and the rep he was getting fit like a glove if were to move on from Bryce. Head us back in the right direction.

Which is still my hope.

I had no faith in Young, I tried but could only rationalize him being good to a point and would just hit a wall before I could get to where it needed to be. That passing chart made after the Chargers is a good illustration of where the wall was.

Edited by strato

Go get Tannehill as backup for Dalton and move on

not optimum but cheap and moderately reliable 

I swear….even Bo Nix is serviceable. Why in god”s name they gave away so much for a midget, I just don’t get it 

some franchises know how to draft or rehabilitate QBs and some don’t 

…but combine  it with having that with a physical outlier and here we are