• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is it to early to revisit the Corral vs Malik Willis debate?

40 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

He wasn't taken until what the 90th pick? What do you mean he wasn't available. Anyone in the 3rd round is available to anyone.

We picked 6th over all our next pick was 90....

Malik Willis was drafted #86 he was not available at our pick...

No, but tbh, is it a surprise that the FO pretty much missed every possible hit they could've had in the draft during Fitts tenure?  We could've had Willis or Howell.  But tbh, do you believe either would've succeeded until we got Canales as coach?  They probably would've looked as bad as they were capable of too.

To the thread title, I would say it is too late. Happy for Willis, you know.

I am in the same place I've been which is wanting to see who Canales pursues when the opportunity comes. 

-----

Dalton, man. It was everything I hoped for and better than I expected. And I expected it to be good.

I think with a 17 game season and if you win it is more, two Andy Daltons and a developmental guy would be pretty cool. 

He is the kind of QB you give help to, he knows how to use it.

Edited by strato

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Bump Willis let's talk about Justin Fields!

You guys slaughtered me for bringing him up as a possible trade option. This kid is in a winning culture and he's simply winning games.

The scary part is he has a lot of potential to grow as a passer. Amazing what a good Oline can do to a QB. Fields was in a losing environment just like Caleb is. Sometimes your situation matters.

A good o-line, but more importantly the #1 defense in the league.  Ironically they're taking an explosive uber-athletic dynamic player like Fields and have neutered him into more of a game manager.  Not sure that's a very sustainable winning combo, but I'm curious to see how the rest of the season plays out and if he can go toe-to-toe in a shootout.

22 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

A good o-line, but more importantly the #1 defense in the league.  Ironically they're taking an explosive uber-athletic dynamic player like Fields and have neutered him into more of a game manager.  Not sure that's a very sustainable winning combo, but I'm curious to see how the rest of the season plays out and if he can go toe-to-toe in a shootout.

They win how they can. They'll meet a bad matchup, that's the way it goes.  Maybe they don't go to the Super Bowl but Tomlin is probably maximizing his players. 

36 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

I would think that the thought is that if they can make Fields a game manager for now with several games of relatively low expectations, they can eventually start giving him a little more, piece by piece. He certainly has the physical skills to be a good qb, just hasn't shown the consistency.  

MC was not give a chance here so we don't know how good or bad he was.

But I bet we would have been no worse then Young's 2-14. We traded the farm for a guy on the same lvl or worse than a 3rd round pick..

So we are in no spot to talk bad QBs.... 

9 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

I am thrilled for the win and happy with Andy Dalton in the short term. But banking on a 36 year old QB of the future is fools gold. I'm still looking at potential franchise guys that we failed to identify. We passed on Willis a few times and even chose Corral over him in the 3rd. 

Yes his rookie season didn't look well coming out of liberty and needed time to develop and green bay got him on the cheap for what a 6-7th round pick? But he has already proven to be better than Corral easily.. and these past 2 games have been better than Bryce easily early into there careers.. can we discuss how we have failed to identify guys who are plus athletes and have the traits to be good vs. taking guys who are "football players" with less talent.

Does it matter? The Titans also fumbled that pick away, even though I still think Levis can be a really good QB in the NFL. I think people forget that it takes time to develop for 99% of players regardless of position and that isn’t afforded to them anymore.