• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is it to early to revisit the Corral vs Malik Willis debate?

3 minutes ago, csx said:

Looking at what was decided 2 coaches, 2 OCs, and a GM ago is not particularly relevant.

I'm a draft guy.. I feel like you look at every drafted player and personnel decision to see what went right and what went wrong. The decision to have Corral as QB 1 at that point like what made him there quarterback number 1? I believe we need to learn from our history.

11 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

I'm a draft guy.. I feel like you look at every drafted player and personnel decision to see what went right and what went wrong. The decision to have Corral as QB 1 at that point like what made him there quarterback number 1? I believe we need to learn from our history.

As mentioned before he wasn't available for us it's a moot point. Drafting him also wouldn't have avoided the Young catastrophe.

33 minutes ago, PantherChris said:

As mentioned before he wasn't available for us it's a moot point. Drafting him also wouldn't have avoided the Young catastrophe.

He wasn't taken until what the 90th pick? What do you mean he wasn't available. Anyone in the 3rd round is available to anyone.

Matt corral was a victim of the old Miss curse.  For some reason, they play extremely well and sharp while in school however, when they leave, they seem to have mental problems. I’m not sure I would take corral if I did I would be very careful.

by the way, the same thing happened to Chad Kelly. At the present time he is playing in the Canadian football league.

Just now, Green-Ghost said:

Matt corral was a victim of the old Miss curse.  For some reason, they play extremely well and sharp while in school however, when they leave, they seem to have mental problems. I’m not sure I would take corral if I did I would be very careful.

by the way, the same thing happened to Chad Kelly. At the present time he is playing in the Canadian football league.

Eli Manning GIF by ADWEEK

• Pie 1

I mean, if anything, it teaches us that coaching and development can and does take time with most QBs. The not-so-secret truth is that where a prospective QB ends up, especially initially, can have a profound effect upon the trajectory of his career. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

fair enough. I'm not sure what was the deal with our second rounder that year. But if you wanted the guy you pass in the first for ickey which okay is fair.. if u wanted him in the second you could have gotten back into the second round and same as the 3rd round when a lot of pundents had him as a first round pick. 

we had traded the 2nd round pick for Darnold. 

we just didn't have much draft ammo left. we got who we could get because fitterer was in on every deal.

even at that...we had to trade up to get Corral and i think we were lucky to be able to trade up even that far.

image.png.a46ccc7a6c483479ef542aed41e756b7.png

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Bump Willis let's talk about Justin Fields!

You guys slaughtered me for bringing him up as a possible trade option. This kid is in a winning culture and he's simply winning games.

The scary part is he has a lot of potential to grow as a passer. Amazing what a good Oline can do to a QB. Fields was in a losing environment just like Caleb is. Sometimes your situation matters.

14 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Bump Willis let's talk about Justin Fields!

You guys slaughtered me for bringing him up as a possible trade option. This kid is in a winning culture and he's simply winning games.

The scary part is he has a lot of potential to grow as a passer. Amazing what a good Oline can do to a QB. Fields was in a losing environment just like Caleb is. Sometimes your situation matters.

This is also a fair debate...