• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thomas Davis message to fans

Mr. Scot

6 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

The situation last year wasn’t bad 100% of the time though. There are so many plays last year that were similar to this year where Bryce simply didn’t throw the damn ball. Dalton did the same thing in Seattle last year as he did in LV this year. He proved it wasn’t as bad as Bryce made it seem

I think both Bryce and Caleb Williams are so used to hanging back there in the pocket for so long that the speed of the NFL game is really going to take some serious time to adjust to. 

The problem for Bryce though is that he lacks the physical tools whereas Caleb doesn’t. That ball Dalton threw to Thielen isn’t a pass Bryce would ever attempt in a million years and that’s the problem 

I'd argue that there were a LOT more moments of the team around him being bad. I don't think there is any valid debate to that given the metrics we have seen regarding pressure, separation, etc. Common sense alone shows that the offensive-side of the roster has been upgraded (6th/7th string starting guards to top 5 + starting calibre, add Diontae + XL).

Dalton went out there and lost against Seattle with the same bad team that Bryce was only able to limp to 2 wins with. This roster though? I can't take any talking head seriously that acts like it's the same offense that got marched out last year. That's just a lazy attempt by some of these sports media folks at getting outrage engagement.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Icege said:

I'd argue that there were a LOT more moments of the team around him being bad. I don't think there is any valid debate to that given the metrics we have seen regarding pressure, separation, etc. Common sense alone shows that the offensive-side of the roster has been upgraded (6th/7th string starting guards to top 5 + starting calibre, add Diontae + XL).

Dalton went out there and lost against Seattle with the same bad team that Bryce was only able to limp to 2 wins with. This roster though? I can't take any talking head seriously that acts like it's the same offense that got marched out last year. That's just a lazy attempt by some of these sports media folks at getting outrage engagement.

Yah I agree there was obviously a lot more bad last year but Dalton throwing for 361 really should’ve raised more alarms after it happened.

Bryce honestly should’ve sat from that point on last year 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Yah I agree there was obviously a lot more bad last year but Dalton throwing for 361 really should’ve raised more alarms after it happened.

This I totally agree with. 

Just now, *FreeFua* said:

Totally agree on both of those points. At the very least, they should have been more willing to sit him sooner seeing how much more competent Dalton looked.

After the high school cafeteria drama we heard with last year's staff though I'm surprised that guys made it through the season without setting the locker room on fire.

• Beer 1

Yeah, 2023 showed in week three. Here we are with the do over, the right way  

The problem was that Dalton would not have lasted with that OL. He is even less mobile. Bryce would have been right back in.  

How was Bryce worse in 2024 than 0, 0 to finish the year in 2023? 
I am going to say because in 2024 he got the protection to show it IS him. 

I believe he was actually better looking than any time ever outside of a few plays, in the Buffalo preseason series. Had his footwork squared away too. Look real good. For him, the best. Ball came out and flew much better. 

Failure sucks. And he has never failed. And he knows now that he will never be able to do what Dalton showed him on Sunday. Up close, with his team.
It was the biggest night and day since Jake came in for Rodney his first game. Much wider gap. 
So, we’ll see what the future holds. 

He simply can’t make the throws consistenty at this level. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1

There are a lot of folks who quit the forum because of what they perceived as Bryce bashing who would be quite upset that TD has called them out for being brainwashed by the media carrying water for a prospect they were all wrong about and bashing the whole team to make excuses for a QB who was failing miserably on the job. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

It wasn't the the W-L with Dalton in Seattle. It was the point his presence on the field made. 

That point proved what we had seen the first two games and would see the remainder of the year. 

He can run an NFL offense, has the arm to do it and it looks like what we expect to see.

The fact that it wasn't a great offense and that was getting hit with all those drop backs, was not important because as we have seen this year, that can be improved. And you put that with an NFL QB and look what you get. 

It was plain. Yet we had to suffer all season with garbage QB play, because people imagined things, to be honest about it. Bryce will never make the throws Dalton can. Which means, he can't make (enough of the) NFL throws. 

I swear I swear I swear....  

Edited by strato

On 9/23/2024 at 3:00 PM, strato said:

Rex Ryan and Teddy Bruschi need to be freaking fired. If they would have said those things about someone in their club.... well they won't because they don't have the balls.

I am sad that Thomas has to 'stretch the truth' about Bryce in order to get cover for speaking his mind. 

Rex Ryan has zero room to talk. His tenure as a head coach was a disaster and that's being nice. 

31 minutes ago, Icege said:

People didn't quit because of "Bryce bashing." They quit because you and a few others would poo up every thread bitching even if it had nothing to do with the thread topic. There was no meaningful discussion being pursued here, just trolling and bad faith engagement.

For anybody that prefers discussing Panthers football and not just incessant whining, I highly recommend Pantherscord (NOT the "official" NFL one). They have over 1.1k users, active moderators, and the server owner is active as well. Lots of good folks in there. Even better? No Tinderbox. 😄

Invite link: https://discord.gg/pantherscord

I gave you all your very own positive vibes only thread and you all hated that too. It was disingenuous. I was trolling you. But I wasn't. You were all just self important snowflakes who couldn't tolerate encountering any different opinion.

Enjoy your discord.

• Beer 1