• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thomas Davis message to fans

Mr. Scot

I think most fans understood that Bryce was keeping the rest of the team down.  It's amazing how much harder everyone played for Dalton.  You can tell there is a different level of resect for him.  This is Daltons team, and I think many felt that before this game

• Pie 4

Rex Ryan and Teddy Bruschi need to be freaking fired. If they would have said those things about someone in their club.... well they won't because they don't have the balls.

I am sad that Thomas has to 'stretch the truth' about Bryce in order to get cover for speaking his mind. 

Edited by strato
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

Hate to disagree with you TD, there is nothing to suggest he will be in the NFL much longer after we release or trade him 

That was TD giving meaningless platitudes as a “company” man. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Chaos said:

That was TD giving meaningless platitudes as a “company” man. 

That's not being a company man. It's being a nice guy.

I'm sure Davis still wishes Young the best (plenty of people do) though reading between the lines it sounds like he recognizes that "best' is probably not going to come in Carolina.

(hence, "career in the NFL" vs "career with the Panthers")

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 3

He's right and knows more about football and the current team than any of us do.

It's obvious, more than anything, that Bryce was not ready for what he had been thrown into, either last season or this one. Will he be able to make that transition? I don't know.

But it didn't look like Sam Darnold or Baker Mayfield could either. And well, they're seeing a resurgence. I can't see down the road that far, though for Bryce.

I can see what is standing right in front of us, though: A sturdy team with a steady, veteran hand at the tiller. Right now, you've got to go with that and let Bryce ride the bench and study.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

I'll eat the crow. I was dead wrong. I am shocked that Bryce is clearly this awful at this point. 

I do hope that some of the scouting and talent acquisition positions that allowed this to happen have at least been seriously evaluated. 

I'm happy as I can be, but genuinely shocked. Not sure at this moment if Bryce has any value. Maybe Sean Payton or another offensive guy would take a look at a very cheap price. 

As for us, this clearly makes us a viable NFL team at least. The raiders aren't great, but we looked really solid. .500 the rest of the way is about the ceiling in my view, but that's a lot higher ceiling than I previously imagined. 

• Pie 1

We poured too much money and resources into the offense for it to suck so bad the first two weeks.  It made zero sense.  We knew Bryce was bad, but until he got removed from the equation, the rest of the offense and our offensive minded HC--that happens to call plays--could never get a fair evaluation.

We now know that all the retooling in the offseason wasn't a complete waste of time and money.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1