• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers future plan at QB. IMHO

Puresteel55

1 hour ago, SOJA said:

Also I would trade Bryce Young tomorrow to the Dolphins. They will never be more desperate than they are currently and his stock is only going to go down the longer we wait. 

I saw more Plummer on the sideline than BY. They should get it done before 8am because that GMFB cast is gonna be raving about throwbacjk Dalton

• Pie 2

49 minutes ago, SOJA said:

that would be a dream I'm just still hyper pessimistic and nervous given how much we've struggled for the last season plus 

I get that, but I saw today the same thing i saw the first two week, clean pockets the offensive line blowing holes open... WRs open all over the place no pressure on our QB (both sacks today we're blown up play action that the RB and TE completely missed) 

The only difference this week was a Quartback who can actually throw the ball past the line of scrimmage..... 

• Pie 1

I think they will go veteran next year whether Dalton has more left or not. Canales seems to have a way with guys who has been around a bit, and we could use the pick on another edge or high end WR. 

I still like Rudolph. Maybe a Dalton/Rudolph mix near year. 

But every year there is also 1 or 2 available QBs that hit the market or are up for trade that nobody was expecting. Who knows.

• Pie 2

6 hours ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

Untill we cut or trade Bryce, I'm still going to be scared this is temporary 

What if we get the news BY is starting Week 4 ?

Daltons worst game in this offense is better than Bryces best.  You are way too much of a duckling if you think Bryce is starting again baring injury (and with this years line that isn't that likely) 

If they try to trot BY back out there will be a lockeroom revolt like you've never seen before.

8 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This. Dalton is a massive improvement over Bryce simply being a competent legit NFL QB. But folks probably need to chill proclaiming a 37 year old journeyman as some type of multi-year answer.

Seriously... people want to give this dude a 3-4 year deal after one game.  I hoping that once the booze wears off these folks will come to their senses.

12 hours ago, PantherChris said:

I get that, but I saw today the same thing i saw the first two week, clean pockets the offensive line blowing holes open... WRs open all over the place no pressure on our QB (both sacks today we're blown up play action that the RB and TE completely missed) 

The only difference this week was a Quartback who can actually throw the ball past the line of scrimmage..... 

amen to that Chris. amen to that. 

• Flames 1

12 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Dalton doesn't look worn down, Brady played like 7 years longer?  Some punks on here said he was washed but I see 4-5 more years in that arm.  O-line is good, young wr's good, get some pass rush

i agree. he's not worn down. he's been a back up for several years so his old guy mileage is low. 

i think he can last a few years, long enough for us to find a longer term solution @ QB. 

11 hours ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

I think they will go veteran next year whether Dalton has more left or not. Canales seems to have a way with guys who has been around a bit, and we could use the pick on another edge or high end WR. 
I still like Rudolph. Maybe a Dalton/Rudolph mix near year. 
But every year there is also 1 or 2 available QBs that hit the market or are up for trade that nobody was expecting. Who knows.

yeah i wouldn't hate this at all. if he really has a knack for getting QBs with a few years of experience to perform at a level they never actually reached, but had the potential to reach...then that could be what we work with for a while. 

as long as we're winning, i don't care how we pull it off at QB.